Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Is there any point buying studio if you just use Tier 2?

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

Super keen about AppGameKit studio, I feel like it's a big leap forward for the GC team and hats off continued innovation.

However - is there really any point buying agk studio if I'm for the most part just going to use the tier 2 framework and visual studio?

I read somewhere that sure, there will be some new commands and such i'll miss out on but I just can't justify the price point (even discounted) if I'm not in it for the editor.

Is there more to it?

Cheers
Blake
Real programmers don't comment their code, because if it was hard to write it must be hard to read!

- PixHil Entertainment
Download Pixel Smasher on the App Store today!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 11:36
AGK Studio
will have the ability to chose from two different engines, the second of which is the new vulkan engine that's still under development
vulkan gives around 30% speed improvement over the engine AppGameKit classic uses. The newer Vulkan engine may not work on the older
machines but its a step forward as it opens up the ability to a much more powerful language with alsorts of improvements The newer
engine will be where improvements and commands will be added as the older agk classic will still get updates and fixes but there will
be development it will miss out on

I hope that helps
fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:11:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:11:00