Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D & 2D Prp Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 13:18
Hi,
I have a very simple program (Which works fine in Darkbasic). All the program does is to create a matrix & load a 3D object (From the Darkmatter Collection) & you can move the 3D object around the screen using your arrow keys.

BUT My 3D object appears all WHITE & not textured ?
Anybody no why ?

Also my old slidding collision routines (Using the make object collision box & get object collision commands) dont seem to work ?

Another program of mine which works fine in darkbasic, which is very simple is

load a 2D image & display image as a sprite & move it.
My sprite appears on the screen but only about half the image is displayed ??

Can anyone help me (PLEASE !!!)
Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 13:39
The first question: Are the textures in the same directory? Common problem, you see..

The evil plan is now even closer!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Specs:- P3 550 Nvidia TNT2M64, 192Mb RAM
Darkmagic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 15:32
Yes all the files are in one directory

Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2002 01:45
I have the same problem with objects being white, I've put this down to me running a non directx 8.1 compatible graphics card, my fault, I bought the 3dfx card about 3 months before they went bankrupt! Check your version of directx and your graphics card, if it isn't fully 8.1 compatible that's a likely answer to your question. Your next question would be, "How do I sort this out?", the quickest answer would be to buy a new graphics card with directx 8.1 support. If however, like me, your finances are a little short, my only answer is, "(censored)". It's unfortunate, and I know I'm not the only one in that position.

Avan

You may scream when I get back...
Darkmagic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2002 13:07
I have a GEFORCE TI 500 + Graphics card which is fully direct x 8.1 compatable. (So I dont think the problem is the graphics card.)
The strange thing is that I have one 3D object which appears fully textured when I load it in one of my programs ?

Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2002 01:35
3ds objects appear white (it's a bug)
x object show up ok..

last point has to do with screen resolution..try to play with different settings ..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:33:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:33:38