Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / APPGameKit PLAYER? Is the playeer still necessary to distribute a APK game on android?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2019 15:18
I've been using DBPro for years although not a lot lately for lack of a good project idea. I now need to create a simple phone app (not a game) and I'd like to do the dev on my PC.

I've held off on purchasing the AppGameKit because when it first came out, it could not compile programs to run natively on android. It required an AppGameKit player that the user had to download separately. This smacks of the old interpreted basic as if you have to open GWBasic to run my program. To me, that does not seem professional.

Is the AppGameKit PLAYER still necessary to run a finished program on an Android device? Is there a version of AppGameKit that can create stand alone programs?
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2019 16:14
The PLAYER is for broadcasting your code from your dev platform ( Windows etc ) directly to your phone over WIFI for testing.
It's not necessary to run a program on an Android device.

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Vidiot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2019 18:56
Oh wow... Thanks! I must have misunderstood something on the website. The way I read it, there was something like a run time library that the user had to download separately.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2019 14:58
You're welcome

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:10:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:10:38