Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / setClipBoardText doesn't work for ÄÖÜ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello there,
for my project I'd need to copy some text from an editbox to the clipboard. This works fine (on windows and android) as long as I do not use German Umlauts like äöü...
For example, when I try to do this:
setClipboardText("Thomas Müller")
I get this as result:
Thomas Müller

I also tried to replace the ü with the corresponding asci code:
SetClipboardText("Thomas M"+chr(252)+"ller")
the result is the same:
Thomas Müller

Has anyone a good idea how to fix this problem? Or is it just a bug that eventually can be fixed in a new version?
Thanks a lot in advance
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2019 00:54
I can confirm that i get the same result.
I also keyed your text into notepad++ and copied it, then i used getClipboardText() to retrieve it and that worked.
I then used setClipboardText() to place that text on the clipboard and then used GetClipBoardText() to retrieve it and that worked in AppGameKit but not in Notepad++
I then tried it in VB and that works when pasting it into notepad++
I went back to a version from october last year and the same thing is happening
I thought it might be UTF-16 encoding but 0xC3BC doesn't seem to match UTF-16 0x00FC

So i think it is generating and reading those characters using some sort of translation otherwise GetClipBoardText() wouldn't read back the text properly after SetClipBoardText()

I had a look at the github for AppGameKit Tier2 API (Which I imagine should be the same as Tier1). It doesn't look like it is doing anything unusual, however i only looked at SetClipboardText()

I am at a bit of a loss. Sorry i couldn't be more help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:27:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:27:10