Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Problem with 'z' key

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The 'z' key works for me as ctrl-z (undo) key. When i use Shift-z it works OK and prints 'Z'. When I set Caps Lock on, it still works as ctrl-z, but with CapsLock on and Shift it prints 'z'. No such problem with other editors or AGK2.
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 00:29 Edited at: 27th Mar 2019 00:33
When the CapsLock is ON and you press the Shift and type any latter the letter Shitfs to Lowercase. (Because it was Upper with the CapsLock activated).
When the CapsLock is OFF and you Press the Shift and type any letter the letter Shifts to Uppercase. (Because it was Lower with the CapsLock de activated).
The Shift inverts the Upper and Lower Letters and Shifts and the Numeric keys to Symbols or other alternative keys on the keyboard.
The CapsLock Just inverts the Case from Lower To Upper.

I tried to Press Control + Shift + Z and types nothing and not executes undo too which is correct.

I don't see any problem here.
Kot
Years of Service
User Offline
I know about using the combinations of Caps and Shift. The problem is that 'z' key doesn't work for me as expected. It doesn't print 'z', but it works as ctrl-z. I just tested shift and caps to check.
Kot
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, watch this: https://youtu.be/xjb-nv7k7g4 and of course it's AppGameKit 2, not 1 as I said
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 10:00 Edited at: 27th Mar 2019 10:17
I saw your video. Is strange when I am typing "z" in my Application Game Kit Studio 0.49b the "z" key works. Also in your video your "z" worked and not worked too. Maybe is a keyboard issue or maybe you have some program which interacts with the "z" or something. Or virus?
About the window disappearance I haven't replicated the bug in my computer yet. I tried to open many projects too and many source code windows too.
How much memory RAM do you have?
Sometimes windows when they don't have much memory prevent to open some windows to avoid the computer crash.
Just to say restart your computer maybe will not solve your problem. But test the same you did in a different computer maybe solve the problem. Or you will see if the problem is with your computer.
I am using windows 7 here. Maybe you are using Windows 7 too, because I see the Aero Window theme which is from Windows 7 too.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 11:38 Edited at: 27th Mar 2019 11:38
Hi,

Please post your issue in the GitHub issues tracker HERE
Development Director
TGC Team
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure you have "CTRL" checked in the preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

As it is the first entry you could have unchecked it by accident

Subscribe and checkout great AppGameKit video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Kot
Years of Service
User Offline
@Preben - thanks, it worked! Now I've got to find my code windows
Kot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2019 18:51 Edited at: 28th Mar 2019 18:53
Version 0.50 - still no code windows (except newproject.agk). What did I do wrong? Reset layout option doesn't help
Kot
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I found the cause. When I opened the corresponding .agk file I saw that sections [projectfiles] and [files] are empty. It happened probably when I opened the project in AppGameKit 2, those sections are in different places of .agk files and they were cleaned. The backward compatibility is broken When I added those filenames manually, code windows reappeared as they should. So the lesson is - don't open your AppGameKit Studio projects in AppGameKit 2 - and vice versa.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:21:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:21:50