Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / CreoScape (2D Crafting game in a 3D world)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2019 22:32 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2019 03:04
Hello, thought I'd share something I've been working on in my spare time. CreoScape is a 2D crafting / survival game set in a 3D world. I had the idea for this game a long time ago after playing Terraria and Minecraft, it's kind of a fusion between the two. The plan is to just keep adding more and more to it whenever I get chance. Who knows how it will turn out!

It's a work in progress, all of the graphics are very much basic. I'm vlogging the whole development process on my youtube channel so subscribe if you want to keep notified! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lFJhPUED8B6m2Q2Q-U38g/

Here's the latest Dev Log video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynULYHEKlFg
www.liambradburymusic.com - professional music for your games.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Chris Ritchie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2019 17:17
Looks good , the functionality seems solid . Do you have any ideas for the game play yet ?

Lead programmer ULIDIA
LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2019 03:02
Quote: "Looks good , the functionality seems solid . Do you have any ideas for the game play yet ?"

Thanks!

Not really thought of anything outside of the standard crafting / survive elements yet. I think some mechanics will probably come through limitations such as the world generation, I don't think I could make it infinite so I might have to go down the route of Terraria and create large finite levels split into chunks. Although I do like how StarBound did it with each world being a planet that you travel to from space. No idea how it will turn out to be honest! I'm just getting the basics down first and then we will see.
www.liambradburymusic.com - professional music for your games.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 21:40
I love the idea.

Subscribed to the you tube channel.
Xarcolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanted to say, I very much procrastinated learning dbp (need to look no further than my years of service thingy) but your video floored my jaw being able to witness something so neat, professional, and solid being written in DBP. To be completely honest I didn't even think #include files were worth figuring out until I saw your code. I love it! Keep up the good work!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:11:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:11:07