Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK VR - Problem Trying the Castle Demos

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 21:09
I recently purchased the AppGameKit VR plug in and had a go at it last night. I own the Oculus Rift with touch controllers and have not had any issues using it to play VR games on my Dell G7 Windows 10 laptop. I tried the VR Demos but was not able to get the Rift headset to display anything. I could see the controls were being tracked in the game window, but the headset never displayed anything. After a few moments, my laptop screen went black and would not come back even after disconnecting all peripherals. I had to hard reboot my laptop at that point. I tried this 3 times, one with the simple castle demo and twice with the advanced castle demo. Every attempt resulted in the black screen and requiring a hard reboot. I did not spend long troubleshooting the issue, but after a quick search, I noticed a user stated on the Steam page that a recent Windows 10 update has broken the AppGameKit VR plugin:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/623100/AppGameKit_VR/

Has anyone else had this issue? I will try again this evening to see if I can get anything to work.
"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 20:29
still working on my vive as i just started a new project in it yesterday, perhaps you could remove the sync() command and try again, maybe outputting to both screens is too much? though i doubt it if other VR games work fine, probably just an update to the rift has broken the dll file, i think ron erickson is the dlc author so you may want to pm him directly for a quicker response (i don't think many members here own the dlc.
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2019 20:45
Thanks smallg, glad to hear that it is not broken for the vive. I have sent Ron an email. I haven't tried again yet but I plan to get time to play with it over the weekend. I will report back with any new information I find.
Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 02:07
UPDATE:

I was able to get it to work after I updated my Integrated Graphics card drivers and explicitly telling the executable to run with my dedicated graphics card. The plugin works great!

Not sure if that would have solved the issue for the Steam user having a similar issue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:39:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:39:02