Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Found this awesome site with a lot of decent assets for a very low price

Author
User Banned
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 21:24
(Mods, I do not know if this section is right for this, but I am getting a lot of attention using AppGameKit studio and these game assets)
So I am paying 9 $ per month and the Assets are being updated on a daily basis they have a twitter account and every day they upload something new.
At this current stage, they have 100+ royalty free assets meaning that even if you paid 9$ per one month and then stop the subscription all things you have downloaded are yours until death do you part.

it is a really cool site you should really check it out. it works perfect with Studio and there are tons of assets there that comes with skeleton exported from Spriter and the ability to load it up in Spriter.

All game characters come with, Animations as separate pngs, Ai for photoshop and characters limbs detached for future editing. (Not all characters possess a spriter file or a skeleton file)

So, please check it out you might find some very useful stuff there. also, you can buy separate assets but it is much more expensive then 9$ subscription.

Just think of it, for 9$ per month you get to keep everything you downloaded even if you stop the subscription (it is told there on the site), Assets are keep being updated and new ones pop almost every day.

I am loving it.

Twitter Account : https://twitter.com/craftpix_net?lang=he <<<---- This is the best way to know what's new as the website is lacing of a news section as far as I am aware of.
Actual website with assets : https://craftpix.net/
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 21:42 Edited at: 14th Apr 2019 21:51
As with so many other resources of assets available for licensing, consider that lines like this in their licensing agreement ( https://craftpix.net/file-licenses/ ):

Quote: "â—¾Distribution of source files is NOT permitted"

Can indicate that you are not permitted to distribute the source files with your app/game without some form of protection. That is, you can't distribute asset files in their original source form in a manner that allows the end user to easily 'steal' it. AGKV2/S does not protect asset files in any way (as of this writing). They are left in the \media folder open and exposed in their original source form.

So for this example, I would recommend you contact them to clarify whether you have permission to distribute their media files in an unprotected (source form) manner before using their content and potentially violating their licensing terms. It could be ok in this case (at a minimum, they need to legally clarify what they mean with the statement above), but you'll need something in writing showing clearly that it is ok to use and distribute their asset files unencrypted and otherwise unprotected with your apps/games. Many asset sources specifically exclude that kind of distribution and require some form of basic media protection to use their content.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 21:55
oh, I thought this line meant for the Ai files... you know the ones you can edit in Photoshop... and I still do...
cause once you opened those files and exported a png then this file is not the Source File.
also, the png exports are still exports and are not the source files.

any asset there contains the following:

1. animation folder - with PNG exported files from the source files
2. Ai folder - the source files <<<<--- I honestly think they mean this.
3. limbs folder - as Png's
4. if a skeleton file is there.

but in case those png's are not for distribution just export them from the Ai files again, then these are not considered as source files.
am I wrong?
I will send them a msg for clarification as I might not understand this right. thank you for the heads up.

When I work with ppl on fiverr or any other platform of communicating with artists, the Source files are the Photoshop\Priemere, etc files... and not the exported PNG's
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 22:02
Email sent to craftPix office email as mentioned on the site. I am pretty sure I am not mistaken here. but let's see.

One more thing you can do is create an atlas image then again it is not the source file anymore...
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
They define the files impacted by that line in their license agreement as "all resource[s]" under the heading description. And they appear to sell a variety of source media types including objects and base PNG's. Derivative works are mentioned, but the scope and definition would probably need some clarification (ie degree of change, but it does sound like you'd be ok so long as -no- original source content is included). At a glance, there should be -no- original source files of -any- type distributed with your app/game.

So yes, it would probably be good to contact them for clarification and specific terms if they vary by file type because they don't really make such a distinction in their license agreement. Their terminology approach is not unique though, generally speaking, many asset sellers bundle everything into an 'all resources/assets' type category for their licensing terms.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 22:23
yeah, I get it if I was a distributor of assets I would not want my assets to turn up on the web somehow unless they were bought.
Let's wait for the clarification I will post their comment here so you all could see it and what is the safest way to distribute cause this site is pretty awesome really is.
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
I post that Link on Discord the other day.
Only $29 per year Special running
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 15th Apr 2019 05:02
Got the emails we are totaly safe to use the assets as long as we dont give the ability to sell them or pass them .

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2019 06:04 Edited at: 15th Apr 2019 06:09
Somewhat helpful in relation to file types (they consider both AI and PNG files 'sources', so indeed, 'all resources' are included in their license). However, you inquired about how they are 'used' rather than how they are included with your app/game. And their license says not to 'distribute' which is left loosely defined. The concern is with how their content is exposed to distribution because it is not just used in the game, but is also openly available in the game's folders. Consider their statement:

"The only restriction that we impose on our license is that you can not distribute our assets 'as it is.' This means that you can not download our asset, and share it on your site or sell a product in which the source of our asset will be available."

What needs clarification is what they consider 'distribution' and 'will be available'. Their assets 'will be available' (their words) because they are in a/the source form exposed in the \media folder. So do they consider including the media exposed in a game folder for anyone to take a type of 'distribution' or 'available'? And do they expect that such media files be protected in some way?

It might seem to be nitpicking, but this kind of thing has posed problems for developers in the past and it's helpful to verify terms and conditions when they are left somewhat vague and unclear. IMO, they need to provide a clear term of use that establishes whether they require 'protecting assets' (can also be referred to as 'embedding assets') when it comes to their content or if they accept their content being exposed unprotected as in AGKV2/S projects. This is just a suggestion to verify with them that distributing their content with your app/game in the way AGKV2/S openly handles it is permissible by them.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 15th Apr 2019 06:30
In Israel, we have a saying: " Kitback Question"
Kitback Questions is the "Rookie" Questions new recruits might ask when enlisting to the army.
If you ask a question like this then the answer will be, YOU MUST PROTECT THE FILES DOWNLOADED FROM OUR SITE. as long as they did not say: OUR FILE MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS
you should not ask for that. as the answer will be the first CAPITAL STATEMENT ABOVE.

so I will not ask that question as I got an email from them saying you are good to go while in the email I sent them I ask for permission to use the same PNGs provided by the assets. the answer is yes.
Protected by Gmail Law
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 15th Apr 2019 06:32
With that said.
I will find a way to protect these assets as anyone should right? like you always want to protect your assets.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 15th Apr 2019 06:43
eventually, create a sprite sheet from these png's or Ai files or anything they present in their assets... is good to go.
since it is not a Source file anymore...
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2019 11:29
This is not AppGameKit Studio related and belongs in the off topic boards as it is a general game development resource.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:57:21
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:57:21