Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Invalid Scopes: user_friends on GetFacebookLoggedIn()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm currently working on a game and I want to add a Facebook share button. Unfortunately, my app can't continue posting on Facebook wall due to an error in GetFacebookLoggedIn(). It always shows the error "Invalid Scopes: user_friends" then GetFacebookLoggedIn() returns -1.
As I checked the Facebook app, only "email" and "default (name and picture)" are the approved permissions. I don't really need to access the user's friends list, so is there a way I can resolve the issue without asking for user_friends access permission?

Thanks
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2019 01:12
Do you use FacebookSetup() ?
Everard
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, FacebookSetup() is being called when the app starts. But I only call FacebookLogin() and GetFacebookLoggedIn() when the user clicks the Share button.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2019 01:51 Edited at: 22nd May 2019 01:51
I'm wondering if it's caused by the changes they had to make because of "Cambridge Analytica" and that US election malarkey

Is it just for android?
Everard
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm currently working on Android, so I'm not sure if it also happens in iOS.
I think the previous Facebook API version (maybe v2.x), user_friends is allowed by default. But on the current version (v3.3), user_friends was removed from default permissions.
I think this needs an update on AGK2's GetFacebookLoggedIn() to become compatible with Facebook's latest API.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2019 02:51 Edited at: 22nd May 2019 02:52
Just for android but maybe you could unzip the .apk and see if the manifest is asking for user_friends permission?

Quote: "I think this needs an update on AGK2's GetFacebookLoggedIn() to become compatible with Facebook's latest API."

I think that is the solution
Everard
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to check the AndroidManifest.xml. user_friends is not included in the permission.

Everard
Years of Service
User Offline
I see that AGK2 update was released today. I hope the dev team fix the Facebook related problems as soon as possible as I really need to release my game as it is heavily dependent on Facebook shares for marketing.
I also purchased the AppGameKit Studio, I hope this will not be a problem there.

More power to AppGameKit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:47:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:47:55