Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Re: Where is the "Core Function Library" used in Tier 1 Tutorial Guide

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello...

I am just starting up with AppGameKit but I am looking to use use Visual Studio with the AGKSharp library.

Nonetheless, I am going through parts of the Tier 1 Tutorial Guide and found some code on scrolling I want to begin tinkering with. However, it refers to calls to the "Core Function Library".

can someone tell me where this library is available as it is being "IMPORTED" into the sample code.

Thank you...

Scotty1973
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2019 23:15
Hi

If I remember right you need to develop the core function library.
If you go through the tutorial guide in order you will make the library yourself all the code is in the guide.

Hope this helps you.

Scotty
Alistair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2019 08:25
The books are designed as step-by-step training guides. Many pieces of code depend on what has gone before (such as the use of library files created in earlier pages), so, as a general rule, the books are not well suited to skipping pages.
snaidamast
Years of Service
User Offline
I see... Thank you very much for your quick responses.

I understand what you are describing in that I have seen a bit of the code in the tutorial as well as from the4 developer AGKSharp, the interface for Visual Studio.

I was actually trying to understand one specific point in one of the calls to the core library. However, I can make up my own with the necessary code.

I started a hexagonal based strategy game with MonoGame and C#. However, once I got to the point where I required interface capabilities, there was very little to choose from that was documented. The one I had selected to use was the best of what was available but the author was having trouble with documenting his new features.

And since I prefer VB.NET to C#, making a move to AppGameKit was more or less a no-brainer.

Its just that I haven't had much time to devote to development in the past 2 months or so. Hopefully, now I can back into it...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:12:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:12:44