Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Segment textures disappearing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Jun 2019 04:23 Edited at: 10th Jun 2019 05:42
Yes, another strange and fun little issue with FPS Creator. Some of my floors are disappearing. Well, not actually the floor, but the texture. I can still walk on the floor, but it and everything below it (other floors) are now transparent, down to the bottom of the skybox.
They show up correctly in the editor, but when testing or in a built game the textures are gone. Sometimes, if you move just right some of it will reappear for a moment. I've searched and found something similar with dynamic entities and shaders, but this is segments.

You can see the main level...

and the level below which is covered by the blue floor.

Then in test mode or built game they are all invisible.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: More info...
It happens when I try to lower the floor. Default for floors is offy0=-50. If I set the floor at offy0=-60 then it happens. I tried to go from the lower floor up with offy0=40 but got the same result.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2019 08:26 Edited at: 10th Jun 2019 08:37
It seems that this is a problem of portal culling, perhaps you can try to disable the occlusion for this segment.
At the end of the .fps file, replace the line "visoverlay = 0" or something like that with the line "visoverlay = 2", then, of course, delete all the bin and dbo files.
In some cases this may affect the optimization, but may solve the problem.
GS
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2019 14:27
@sman512
First, thanks for your quick and excellent response. I really didn't expect the issue to be realized and solved in such fashion. (My pessimism or just FPSC.... you decide)
That worked a treat.

Second, can you expound on "In some cases this may affect the optimization"?
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2019 09:48 Edited at: 11th Jun 2019 09:53
@xplosys
Glad, that it worked!
In you case this will no affect at all because on the below layer you have one more room that will hide objects that behind this room.
GS
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2019 12:59
Ah, I see what you mean. Thanks again.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2019 23:45
@ sman512 Sweet, a simple fix to an age old problem with segments. Thanks Sman512
I just wish we could save all these fixes to problems in a central place Anyway, great!
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:54:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:54:54