Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Models separating after Export

Author
User Offline
Hello fellow developers,

I have a small issue that i can't seem to fix. I have tried to search for the answer (here and Google) but, i can't seem to find any mention of the specific problem that i am encountering.

To give you an idea of what i am struggling with;

I have created a weapon in Blender (very basic pistol), I have animated in such a way that after you shoot, the barrel spin automatically. In order to achieve this i had to make the barrel a separate mesh.

However, when i export the whole model, the barrel is completely detached from the gun itself and is suspended below. When in game, it animates very strangely.

I know it's hard to judge this issue without having an image to go off, but, i am at work currently. I will attach an image when i get home.

But, in the mean time, if anyone might know what i am talking about, please feel free to comment.

Cristiano
blink0k
AGK Developer
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2019 23:28 Edited at: 13th Jun 2019 23:28
Maybe have a look here for setup and exporting from blender

The main thing is to use LoadObjectWithChildren() to load the model
There are a couple functions that work with load object with children; GetObjectNumChildren( objID ) and GetObjectChildID( objID, childIndex )
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2019 05:16
What will happen with AppGameKit is that it will Position any "Child" Limbs at their Zero Axis.
This means, let's say you move the object -100 Units in Y … when you export / import into AGK., it will be +100 Units in Y, because the Mesh Axis won't have been Frozen / XMesh to reset it back to the World 0, 0, 0 where you want it to be.
In fact this will get worse if you're animating without a Skeleton (Armature Rig) … as it will be using said offset axis as the new Pivot Point., so the Animations will get all screwed up.

Personally, I'd strongly recommend using a Basic Skeleton Rig., but if you don't then be sure to Zero the Axis out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-06-18 02:56:29
Your offset time is: 2019-06-18 02:56:29