Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2019 23:44 Edited at: 17th Aug 2019 14:54
For those of you interested, fpsc-multiplayer is slowly making a comeback. Work is being done testing on a server to host the necessary
files to get this up and running again for everyone Initial tests have proven it still works like a charm BIM V10.8

Here's a link to the website that hosts the needed multiplayer files.... https://fpscmultiplayer.000webhostapp.com/
All that one needs to do is on a Built MP game open the file "fpsc-050.txt" located in languagebank\english\textfiles\fpsc-050.txt
Open the file and scroll down to line #619. Replace 619=www.fpscreator.com with 619=fpscmultiplayer.000webhostapp.com
As I said before, response time is slow and several attempts may be needed to connect. Works good with your Firewall ON. No need to turn OFF.
Your own IP will correctly show now and can be shared with others to join in your game. The JOIN list is still not working properly BUT others can
manually TYPE in your IP address at the bottom to connect. Hope to fix this soon.

Asking for HELP: If anyone out here has a solid & fast website that would kindly host a few files please contact Xplosys or myself.
Hopefully we can all have multiplayer back up and running again for a longtime

Pic attached is in-game play with Reshade lens flare ON, looks really good when playing.
So many possibilities with MP and Black Ice Mod.
Second pic just for Seppgirty with Sin-City effect turned on
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

* I lost my Big Yellow Button. Do you know where it is?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome! BTW I'm making this the top post, so people would notice it more
Medal of Honor
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2019 21:22
Pvt.Dan Thanks If you get a chance, build a test map and follow directions on changing the fpsc-050.txt file.
Then just do a test run and see if your IP shows in ip box. If it does your all set
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, I'll get a map done in a few hours, it's gonna be epic, not just a test map.
Medal of Honor
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems that my IP address didn't show up, what's wrong?
Medal of Honor
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Jul 2019 15:30 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2019 20:07
If you have done this...
Quote: "All that one needs to do is on a Built MP game open the file "fpsc-050.txt" located in languagebank\english\textfiles\fpsc-050.txt
Open the file and scroll down to line #619. Replace 619=www.fpscreator.com with 619=fpscmultiplayer.000webhostapp.com"

... then give it a few minutes. It seems the website is struggling again this morning. 000webhost is having major issues right now.

EDIT:
Okay, I just copied the files to another server. Use the same instructions above but with "fpscarchive.x10host.com" instead of "fpscmultiplayer.000webhostapp.com".
I will get with ncmako about possibly moving the whole site and updating the OP later.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2019 21:52 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2019 21:55
Xplosys Just read your update. Got it New website, hopefully it's a little faster also ?

EDit: Just did a test run using the new host "fpscarchive.x10host.com" IP shows clearly in box,
no issues at all Thank you Xplosys
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2019 23:45
New host seems to work well.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 01:03
The first one is up again, but they still have problems over there, many sites are still down (for days now) and it could happen again at any time.
It's the issue with free hosting. If one doesn't work, try the other.
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys, it works! At least for the hosting, but I can't seem to join a server because whenever I click Join it just kicks me out of the game.
Medal of Honor

Attachments

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 13:24
Clicking "JOIN GAME" should show a screen that says "ENTER HOST IP", "No game listed".
Obviously because there is no one hosting the game, and even if there was, the database that keeps that information no longer exists. You would need to know the hosts IP address and manually type it in.

As for your error message and "kicks me out of the game", it looks like a problem in your game files. Perhaps an image did not carry over to the build, I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows that error number.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 13:41
@ Pvt.Dan Hopefully we can figure out a way to upload and share our multiplayer games

@ Xplosys What would it take to get that old "database" back ? Do you recall who might have
been involved with it's setup & maintenance ?
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 13:45 Edited at: 4th Jul 2019 14:08
Well, the problem exists for me, but other people (3 people) did not meet this issue and their join menu worked properly, is it just my laptop?

I also have a link for the game: https://pvtdan.itch.io/wwii-operations-desert-front/download/tgpqpT1mBTFOfL9HHyBtksxe7KaNSlFWLcX8TmgB
Medal of Honor
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 14:47
Okay, so I downloaded the file twice and could not extract it. 7zip said Desert_Front_Multiplayer.rar could not be extracted as an archive.

But... if others are able to run it and get the "ENTER HOST IP" screen normally, then I would say it is something with your laptop. It could be your antivirus or a spyware app not allowing an IP request... could be anything.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 15:32
@ Pvt.Dan I'll also try and download and extract files.
I'll let you know if I have same problem as Xplosys extracting them
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help guys!
Medal of Honor
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 15:41 Edited at: 4th Jul 2019 15:44
Pvt.Dan I can confirm, I just extracted files. No problems.
Test ran great, fired right up. Hosted game and everything seems ok
Ran around, fired weapons, menu also looks and works good

That's the Desert_Front_Multiplayer.rar one.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 16:50 Edited at: 4th Jul 2019 16:59
He needed you to try and join game, not host game. LOL

Okay... I updated my 7-Zip and the file extracted fine. Go figure. Yes, I was able to see the Join Game screen (nice screens, by the way) and enter a host IP address. All is working well.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 17:02
Sorry guys.... that also is just fine. No problems at all
Also, Xplosys, this new server (x10host) is very fast compared to other site!

Attachments

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 17:07
Quote: "Also, Xplosys, this new server (x10host) is very fast compared to other site! "

I think so too. I see you changed the URL's in the original post; I'll go ahead and change the instructions on the website.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2019 17:29
Pvt.Dan

ncmako and I were just running around in your arena. Curious as to what version of FPSC was used.
It's really big... perhaps too big just because of loading times. I beat on the invisible wall with a wrench and shot it but....
Also wasn't expecting the time limit. Number of frags seems better, but that's up to you.
Anyway, thanks for the ride.
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
I used the latest version of FPSC, V 1.20 with Black Ice Mod 10.8, and thanks for trying it out guys!
Medal of Honor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:11:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:11:36