Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Transferred Workspace from Windows to Mac, texts not showing and error on SetSpriteShapePolygon()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I originally developed my game on a Windows 10 machine and I already released the game in Google Play Store.
I want to release the game to App Store so I bought a Macbook Air, installed AppGameKit (via Steam), then copied the files from Windows to Mac.
I don't get any error when compiling the source on my Mac, but when I run the game, the texts created via "CreateText()" are not showing.
The game also crashes when a sprite with "SetSpriteShapePolygon()" is being deleted.
Everything works fine on my Windows machine, even the released game on Android doesn't have those problems.

Is there anything I need to do first when changing workspace environment from Windows to Mac?

Thanks
Everard
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's the error for when deleting a sprite that has different sprite shape via "SetSpriteShapePolygon()":

Quote: "Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (edge.LengthSquared() > 1.19209290e-7F * 1.19209290e-7F), function Set, file /Users/paulj/Documents/SVN/AGK2/common/Box2D/Collision/Shapes/b2PolygonShape.cpp, line 150."

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 25th Jun 2019 12:09
perhaps delete the sprites physics then shape before deleting the sprite
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Everard
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried turning off the sprite's physics but still no luck.
I tried to use debug, and found out that the problem is not in the deletion of sprite but in the creation of new sprite with sprite shape polygon. The problem is not happening when I only use the default square shape for sprite physics. Any idea?

With regards to my problem in text not showing/displaying. It seems the texts are always rendered below the sprites (in my case a background image sprite) despite setting the texts' depth to 0 and sprites' depth to 2 and above.
I tried to create a new simple project with my AppGameKit in mac, and the text problem really happens even on a newly created project. Is this a bug in AGK's Mac version?
Here's my code:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:55:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:55:18