Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [bug?] gamepads / controller on Android / OUYA are off some button-IDs

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2019 18:28
Can somebody help me with gamepads / controllers?

I wrote a Joystick test-thingly, but it seems, that not all buttons working correctly on Android.

If I am using XInput compatible controller on Windows 10 like the XBox 360 wired controller for Windows the button IDs are the same on my Android-APK, but the button ID:7 does not trigger on Android. It is the Back-Button on the controller. That could be an OS specific "problem" because it could be handled by the OS and the game could not use that.

Non XInput controllers working correctly on Windows 10 showing up in Windows on the gamecontroller settings.

And also the test buttons and coolie hat (Point of View Hat) and so on are correctly in Windows with App Game Kit. But on Android the IDs are not the same in some cases and some Button-IDs are not registered at all.
Some have an offset of 1, some an offset of 2.

e.g. the Playstation Classic USB controller.

On Windows the [START] triangle button has the ID: 10, it is the last button. On Android it is the ID: 12

Windows:
(/\): 1
(O): 2
(X) : 3
([ ]): 4
R1: 8
R2: 6
L1: 7
L2: 5
Select: 9
Start: 10

Android:
(/\): 1
(O): 2
(X) : -
([ ]): 3
R1: 6
R2: -
L1: 5
L2: 4
Select: 11
Start: 12

So maybe this is an OUYA driver problem. And the Back-Button is not supported because it is like BACK on the "touchscreen".
What can I do about it? I could check if the OS is Android, but if I don't get any ID back, I could not re-map that.

Would be nice, if somebody has any ideas, if the App Game Kit Android APK exporter could do anything "against" or about it. Thanks for help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:06:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:06:13