Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Reverse engineer/decompile agk bytecode.byc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

i have been working on a big project but when i started, my code disappeared, so i started writing it from scratch again, hitting Ctrl+S all the time and when i launched AppGameKit another day my old code somehow came back and i was left with the old one.
BUT when i started the executable file in my project's folder, it ran the old code.
Is there any way to decompile/reverse engineer my bytecode?

Thank you so much

(please don't tell it's impossible )
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 17th Jul 2019 11:08
Store your projects in the Google Disk folder where you can restore old versions of documents.
https://www.instagram.com/qugurun/
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2019 12:35

Quote: "Is there any way to decompile/reverse engineer my bytecode?"

If you knew what version of AppGameKit it was built/compiled in and have access to AppGameKit runtime source code (same versions) then it's possible to write a tool that could translate the agk byte code back into a source form, but if you don't, then this becomes far more problematic, but not impossible. This is a lot of work and what i suspect would be more work than was lost in the original project..

PlayBASIC To HTML5/WEB - Convert PlayBASIC To Machine Code

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:24:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:24:00