Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / AGK problem with X. files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been going 3D and running into a problem with my models. They are fine in GG but they do weird things when I load them into AGK. I wanted to be sure it wasn't me so I loaded "Assassin.X" from thegamecreators and it had the same problems. As you can see, the wrists do not behave in AppGameKit, my model has the same problems with wrists and neck and ends up looking like ET. I was wondering if anybody else had a problem with models with bones in AppGameKit and what they might have done to fix these problems as they don't occur in either GG or my modeling software(s).

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 19th Jul 2019 20:12 Edited at: 19th Jul 2019 20:45
I have used Mender 2.0/Meshview/Fragmotion to correct these types of issues for Gameguru and AGK. This is usually bone weight problem. See pic below, where I used Fragmotion to load in the Assassin.X model and selected all, then chose validate weights and assignments under Bone menu. At the 'clean vertex assignments' window. I used the defualt settings and pressed ok. weights will be adjusted. then just export out, maybe rename the original X file. Loaded in AppGameKit and voila, all looks good.

Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Old Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, that's really interesting. I gave it a try and it worked flawlessly on the Assassin.X character, however it didn't work on my character, however, it is a really good place to start. I am going over all of my vertex assignments to see what I can find. Thank you for pointing this out. I am still confused as to why the models are fine in modeling programs and are fine with the import to GG but get all wonky in AppGameKit? Strange... but I will keep on it as AppGameKit is far more important to me than GG. Thanks for pointing me in this direction!
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 20th Jul 2019 14:52
Could be down to animation bone rotation issues, bone weights, left and right handed systems.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2019 06:41
Remember that AppGameKit is using OpenGL, not DirectX (like GameGuru / DBP / FPSC) … so the .X Format can potentially have some issues.
I'd personally recommend converting Models you want to use in AppGameKit to FBX or DBO Formats.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2019 08:31
LoadObjectWithChildren(objid,"filename as string") SetObjectScalePermanent(objid,x,y,z)
Signature removed for breach of size rules
Signature images may not be any larger than a total of 600x120 pixels in size.

Old Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven, unfortunately AppGameKit does not currently use FBX or DBO file types but it was a great idea.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2019 23:55
Quote: " AppGameKit does not currently use FBX or DBO"

Yes it does. I use .fbx format files all the time. Great for animation, especially mixamo
Old Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess the problem is that I read the documentation on LoadObjectWithChildren and they're not listed... but I tried them and sure enough FBX worked. I couldn't get DBO to load, which seems really odd but AppGameKit said there was no suitable reader. Thanks for the help, I will be using FBX files in the future.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 20:33 Edited at: 24th Jul 2019 20:34
Currently, AppGameKit doesn't load in DBO format, but my program does. Although currently , the AppGameKit program only converts static DBO's as it converts directly to AppGameKit meshmemblock format. My other conversion program (non-AGK), converts both static and animated (skinned meshes) directly to either .X or OBJ formats. So I use the latter program to convert directly to .X or OBJ and then load into AppGameKit directly and works fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:25:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:25:28