Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Is it possible to turn off Vulkan Engine?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent got V1.0 last night after the keys "issue" tried to run the project I'm currently working on, and in windows all I now get a is white screen for a few seconds, then my game closes.

So load code, Press F5, game window pops up, a few seconds later, it closes, nothing happens.
If I press F6 and broadcast the game it works just fine on my android device (on AppGameKit Player).
I didn't get rid of 0.95; so I tried that, and the game still launches and runs fine on that...
No error messages, no clues as to why it doesn't work, but I can only be suspicious of..

- Added Vulkan renderer on Windows

When I tried the Vulkan player during the beta it didn't work (on the sync command it would fall over), so I didn't use it. Is it possible to choose the renderer myself?

Slightly disappointed; don't want to be forced to beta testing the "new" engine without the option to revert back to opengl . (assuming that is what wrong,).

Incidentally I've tried some other projects and they launch and run just fine, so it's something my current project does/doesn't do, that is causing this issue. I have no idea what it might be (due to lack of error message).

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 07:47
Hi Tsung,

Can you share some details about your PC spec including the GPU.

Are your drivers for the GPU fully updated?

Does your current project have shaders?

If you can share your project with us we can investigate the source of the issue.
Development Director
TGC Team
Tsung
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi RickV,

I have emailed you a link to the code, some pc specs information and a You Tube video showing/explaining what it should do!

Cheers

jmparis
Years of Service
User Offline
I've also the same issue.

I've clone the StarField example.
And when I run it (F5), I got a white window for a few seconds; and it closes. Nothing else
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 15:40
@Tsung the issue will be fixed in the next release of Studio!
Development Director
TGC Team

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:01:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:01:21