Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / New member with some easy (hopefully) questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!

I just acquired AppGameKit Studio and it's my first day using this. I've been programming several years and decided I was sick of dealing with Unity; very glad so far to have made the switch!

I just had a couple questions (more to come eventually I'm sure.... sorry in advance!)

Question 1: I bought AGK2 and the two Giant Asset Packs a good number of years back. It is also installed all this same machine (both AGK2 and Studio are on the same drive in their default locations that Steam installs to). However, the 'Classic DLC Media' folder in the Assets Browser is not showing them. I tried copying the DLC folder over from AGK2 to Studio and still nothing. I also made sure the 'Load Classic DLC on Startup' was ticked in Preferences. Is there a different location I need to have the folder located in order for it to automatically recognize and populate?

Question 2: I decided to try my hand at Tier 2 and see how that went. I followed the provided guide that came with Studio regarding setting this up in Windows. I was able to get everything fine except for renderer.h. I was unable to locate that header anywhere in AGK's folder structure and it's not running without it present (renderer.h cannot be found). I'm assuming I'm missing something simple here but my C++ leaves a lot to be desired (hence why I wanted to try it out). I was attempting it using VS2017 and everything else seemed to function fine until it went to locate that header.

Thanks in advance!!
Beef
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
Update:

Q1: I see the renderer.h was reported as a bug. I tried the IMGUI renderer.h but it just brought more header errors. Confirmed on the github bug page this was a problem.
Q2: I ended up filing a bug report for this on the github, could not make this work by the methods described above.
DNDEE
Years of Service
User Offline
I also question the location of the Classic DLC Media. On a fresh system with the download version of AppGameKit Studio, I cannot find the location I should place the DLC I purchased for the Classic version.
Any help is appreciated.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 2nd Aug 2019 06:03
your project should have a media folder put all assets in that

fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
DNDEE
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the purpose of the "Load Classic DLC on Startup" in IDE preferences if I was to put all the assets into a single project. Having the media browser with the Classic DLC media location is a nice idea. To be able to easily browse assets while creating a project would be nice. As far as I can tell there is no location for this specifically.
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
As fubar stated, the only workaround for this is to put everything in the Assets folder.
I filed this as a bug on the github, hopefully we'll see a fix for that.

In the meantime, that's the only way I was able to make it work

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:53:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:53:15