Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AGKSV1.0 Small Text has full stops as spaces on screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2019 20:33 Edited at: 30th Jul 2019 20:37
Hi,
I have been writing my RPG for 3 months now, but am having a problem in AGKS.V1.0. Using the newer system Font "UseNewDefaultFonts(1)" all the spaces in the text turn into full stops between the words. When I load the same program into AGKClassic, the spaces are shown correctly. Not sure if this is a Vulcan error or not, as I don't get an option in Studio to choose the output. I have attached the 2 screens to show the problem, can anyone confirm it's a bug?

Classic Screen

Studio Screen

Regards
Kevin
Sinclair ZX81, Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Various), Sinclair QL, Amiga (Various) then PC's...
Sinclair Basic - QL Basic - Amos Basic - Dark Basic Pro - AGK2.0 - Still a Beginner LOL...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2019 21:15
perhaps i'm being dumb but i'm not seeing any dots in the pictures?
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
Choper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2019 06:03
Hi,
If you look very closely at the bottom picture, you can see little tiny white dots between each word that are not there on the classic picture. You can see it better if you download the image and zoom in. It is quite clear when I run the game full screen...

Here is a Zoom in on the Studio Picture

Regards
Kevin
Sinclair ZX81, Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Various), Sinclair QL, Amiga (Various) then PC's...
Sinclair Basic - QL Basic - Amos Basic - Dark Basic Pro - AGK2.0 - Still a Beginner LOL...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Choper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2019 21:18
Hi, sorry to bring it up again, but anyone have this problem? If so I will post it on Githup?

Regards
Kevin

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-08-26 04:52:32
Your offset time is: 2019-08-26 04:52:32