Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Looping animation issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2019 22:22
Is anyone else having issues with looping an animation? I redid my walking animation in MilkShape, but AppGameKit won't do it corrently. I have set the last frame to equal the first frame, as described, but when you slow it right down there's a glitch at the end. My animation fills 2-11 seconds, but it goes about 0.25 seconds into the next anumtion set. I had to get around this by telling it to loop from 2 seconds to 10.35 seconds. This is slightly annoying as the 11 second mark is a keyframe.

Has anyone else found the animation to be slightly less than accurate?
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2019 08:30 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2019 08:38
Well this might come out not helpful but :
In Milkshape (or any other animation software) the last Keyframe is set equal to the first Keyframe for technical reasons i.e. that the interpolation of the Keyframe before the last targets the first Keyframe in order to have in between animation frames behave accordingly.
Don't confuse Keframes with actual animation Frames. Keyframes are target spots for the interpolation calculations between two of them .
At real time looping the looping should go First Frame to Last Frame(not Keyframe) -1.
So, just as a simple example, you might have set in Milkshape (keyframes between brackets) 17 frames total, It'd go like this: (1) ,2,3,4,(5),6,7,8,(9),10,11,12,(13),14,15,16,(17)=(1)
Your actual looping settings should go: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 i.e. 1-16
The hard part is to bind keyframes to character position gesture at even spots along the line in order to avoid uneven transitions.
Hope it makes sense.

P.S. If you need simple pre-made good animation sequences I suggest you to visit mixamo (free online animator) . If you're happy with what's there and you need to use .x files animated stuff just invest 60 $ in Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro in order to convert your FBX animated characters from mixamo to .x
Also you can produce single combo animation files easily.
This will cut your animation workload and time to 1/10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:35:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:35:29