Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Close IDE with confirmation might be useful.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This might seem dumb but several times recently I have gone to close my browser (Edge) and because the colour scheme is dark just like the default AppGameKit Studio's IDE, I have mistakenly closed this instead. When the IDE window is in front of Edge, it can be difficult to see which is which sometimes. I know that AppGameKit studio's title bar is white instead of black, but I still find it easy to click on the wrong X.

At best, AppGameKit Studio prompts me to save my work before closing, but after the files have saved have no option but to close and then re-open it. I could change the colour scheme but I like the default setting. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just bugging me? It would be nice if AppGameKit Studio prompted me if I wanted to close, but I guess for some this could be annoying.
I have very simple tastes, I am always satisfied with the very best.

Oscar Wilde.
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sort of on the fence with this one. I've accidentally closed mine before when meaning to minimize (4k screen = tiny buttons) but on the other hand I get bothered being asked all the time "Do you want to close this?"
I would rather it close when I click it but I do see where it may be useful to have such a confirmation window....

A toggle setting in the Preferences would probably be the best way to handle that, I'd guess. You could always put this as a suggestion on the github page
YarSnez
Years of Service
User Offline
@beef_erikson: Yes, I too am on the fence because despite my annoyance also hate too many questions. I agree, having it as an option might be the way forward so I'll post it as a suggestion on GitHub.
I have very simple tastes, I am always satisfied with the very best.

Oscar Wilde.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:42:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:42:09