Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How to lock media folder

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 15:54
Hi was trying to work out how to lock my media folders containing my graphics and sound files while still allowing them to be accessed by my .exe AppGameKit classic programs . Your help in this regard would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Right now you need to code your own encryption and decryption - there are various examples on the forum where people have kindly shared code.

I, and many others would love to see it built in - Asset protection has been asked for sooooooo many times over the years. Hopefully it is something TGCs will implement with AppGameKit Studio.
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
AliceSim1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2019 16:10
I know it exists and they have shared their methods in the forum.
What they do is:
1- Encode the media of any format: image, audio, source ... etc.
When encoding them, they remain in a unique format, and cannot be read by any multimedia software, even by AGK.
2- Once encoded, it is in an illegible format ...
3- Each time the game is run, you must decode the multimedia content ... progressively (when loading media gradually), or complete (more processing timeout)
When decoding, it requires a timeout for the CPU and Hard Disk processing speed.
4- We load the De-Encoded media, just after loading the De-Encoded media, they are deleted.
The encoded version of the media is always maintained, always for the time of Decoding.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2019 16:11
Thanks Alice think it's gonna take me a while to get this up and running . It would be better if TGC came up with a solution . Are you listening TGC we all want this .
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
It needs to be carefully thought through. We certainly don’t want a rushed job as any encryption system would need to be able to handle files (eg player progress files etc) generated by AppGameKit, not just encryption of the media folder.
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:27:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:27:42