Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Apple refusing apps using StartGPSTracking

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2019 17:42 Edited at: 19th Aug 2019 17:50
It would appear that Apple have a new reason to refuse apps to the App Store. Using the StartGPSTracking command I think triggers the nice permission dialogue box but this is no longer enough. We are now supposed to put a reason in the Info.plist file informing the user why you are requesting that permission.

Here is the message I got for trying to use the GPS sensor in an update to an app I uploaded yesterday:

Quote: "Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access their location but does not clarify the use of the location in the applicable purpose string.

Next Steps
Please revise the relevant purpose string in your app’s Info.plist file to specify why the app is requesting access to the user's location. You can modify your app's Info.plist file using the property list editor in Xcode."

Obviously we don't have access to the Info.plist file directly (AFAIK) but is there any way the StartGPSTracking function could be passed another parameter to fill in this info for us? My code has the CheckPermission and RequestPermission commands in it too but those are apparently only required for Android.

P.S. This applies to AppGameKit Classic too.
P.P.S. I have just put this onto GitHub too as I think that is where it should probably go (even though it isn't really a bug).

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 12:48
For those with this issue, Paul has replied on GitHub and it should be fixed in a future version. In the mean time, you can edit the Info.plist file manually in AppGameKit Studio here:
AppGameKitStudio.app/Contents/Resources/media/data/ios/source/AppGameKit Player.app/Info.plist

Sadly Studio doesn't seem to compile iOS apps for me using an Adhoc provisioning profile so I have reverted back to AppGameKit Classic for now which does compile fine. Sadly I cannot find the same Info.plist file in Classic. Does anyone know where it is stored?

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:14:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:14:40