Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] Run App help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2019 12:04 Edited at: 28th Aug 2019 20:14
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I am trying the RunApp command and I can't seem to get it to work . The called .exe works but I would like to call it from another program . Have I set it up wrong ?

if ( GetRawKeyPressed(120) =1 ) // F9 Key
RunApp ("raw:C:\DoorRunner\DoorRunner.exe","")
endif

thanks
Lance

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2019 21:59 Edited at: 1st Sep 2019 15:33
I finally got it to run BUT it is totally unacceptable . You have to name the FULL Path as in RunApp ("C:Users\Lance\DoorRunner\DoorRunner.exe","") and NOT ("raw:C:\DoorRunner\DoorRunner.exe","") .
This would be fine except how would you get it to run on someone else's PC .

Another try and I got it to run from the app I was calling it from . It all depends on where the original program was built and saved . I build all my projects on the desktop and save them there . The app folder being called should be in the same folder as your project calling it ( in my case thats where I put it)
All things that are on the desktop when you turn on your PC aren't necessarily on the 'C : desktop' . I love Windows

Lance

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:25:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:25:01