Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Enjoying the new language featues.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2019 06:25 Edited at: 8th Sep 2019 06:37
Hi Guys,

I just purchased AppGameKit Studio today and felt very happy about showing my support for the effort. I'm also feeling very happy with the new language features that I'm reading about in the documentation. Passing arrays by ref are wonderful and being able to declare arrays inside of typedefs is wonderful too! These were sore points for me in the past with AppGameKit Classic. Thank you for making the language more usable!

And all the custom types are all serializable! I love this!
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2019 16:00
I'm in the same bracket as you. Longtime DBPro fan/user but eventually wanted more in a language and post-DirectX9 support, and went to some OOP alternatives (Blitz). So I dialed out of TGC community for a while.

Now I'm back with AGKS and am very impressed with all the changes to the language itself (and IDE debugger).

But it still feels like coming home again, so I've hit the ground running.
BHoltzman
Years of Service
User Offline
You're a Dark Basic user then? Have you been making games all these years? With me, I've been a wannabe game maker. I have a desire for it, but often have to prioritize my time. That hasn't stopped me from picking up almost every TheGameCreator's product release that I've found on Steam. I'm happy to support what they're doing even if I'm too busy to be able to put much time into using the products myself. At some point in time, I'll be more in control of my schedule and I'll enjoy putting in the time to make some games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:51:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:51:20