Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3D Object Viewer for AppGameKit

Author
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2019 02:18 Edited at: 18th Nov 2019 21:34
Fixed the 'bugs'.
With it, you can examine your 3D models and see how they look.
Rotates 3d model along it's x and y axis, and you can zoom in and out.
Works on PC.
Simply load your own 3D object on line 44 in the code snippet below. (in place of the 'BOX' object) ....and you should be able to view it o.k.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2019 12:58 Edited at: 9th Sep 2019 13:00
Cool

I was playing around with something similar a while back...
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221101

I ended up moving on to other projects, so it didn't get very many features.
So, keep at it and you could build a very handy tool indeed.

This is quite the coincidence, because I was just getting started on a 2d sprite animator.
I am not happy with the prices on the commercial versions, and the overkill of features.
I just want to do something simple, so that the same animations can be reused for various sprite body parts. (like Spine and Spriter)
The other seem to want to incorporate image editing in there, but that seems redundant to me as most people are already familiar/using different software for that.
I do not need to do fancy vector stuff either with proprietary file extensions for outputs, so just outputting PNG Sprite Sheets will be the goal for my sprite bone App.
I want the traditional sprite sheets, but without the need to do basic animations (idle,walk,run,jump,die) over and over again for each character.
That is where one can get hooked in building their own tools for game development, because you get only the features you need/want, and you get them laid out how it works best for you.

Good luck with this, and I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Mark Garrett
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2019 16:33 Edited at: 18th Nov 2019 21:36

I finished updating it, now if you press the cursor left or right, it rotates the object on it's Y axis

If you press the cursor up or down, then it rotates on its X axis.

(A little less confusing now)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:58:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:58:57