Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / MY first game on Google Play - SIMON 10,000 B.C.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 13:04
The memory game you know and love, reskinned as colored rocks.

Before Simon had electronics, he had rocks. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. It's a bit ingenious, and whole lot igneous. Ouch! That was bad, but there's more where that came from.

So now 21st Century gamers like you can click fancy rocks on their modern digital device. Click start, tap a rock, and memorize the magical piano-like notes they make. Play them back in order and rack up the points. It's sedimentary, my dear Watson!

The better you do, the faster it goes.
Have fun, and enjoy SIMON 10,000 B.C. !

Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsa.simon10kbc

For the first time in a long time, I'm really enjoying programming, and it's due in good part to how AppGameKit delivers an intuitive, easy-to-learn language with a great IDE. Currently working on my next program which should be released by the end of the month.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 14:50 Edited at: 20th Sep 2019 14:51
Hey,

congrats on publishing your game.
Been a long time since I played that kind of game

Some feedback:
The sound after you solve a level is so high pitched, Ludwig van Beethoven called me ( he was completely deaf, in case you didn't get the joke )
You should consider a mute/unmute button. It's easy to code, and every app should have one
The stone sounds got a lot of hissing white noise. You might want to run some filters
BUG: When you reset the high score DURING a play, it's set back to 0, but the previous high score is still saved somewhere. You can't set a new high score now without restarting the app. ( Unless you score more than the previous high score ). Solution: Resetting the high score DURING play should not be possible...

Nice and solid work, really enjoyed playing it!

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 18:35
That's some great feedback! Will try to address each of those the next time I update it. Thanks!
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 19:36
No prob man, you're welcome

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:59:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:59:21