Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / can you start a game created with agk2 for raspberry pi via raspbian lite without desktop?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a raspberry pi 3 b with raspbian buster, I have installed agk2 for raspberry pi, and created a play for children ... now I would like to make this game run automatically on my device but without the desktop and without it being there a keyboard command that lets you get out of the game ... is there a way to do all this?

forgive my English, I am Italian and I have difficulty translating well ... thanks to everyone
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2019 19:21
When you say without desktop, I would think you mean an app without GUI and only runs in console with text output, or do you mean something else? But console apps can be done, altthough I can't get my RPi2 to compile C++ console apps at the moment. And for the keys that lets you get out of the game, on Windows I can just leave out ALT+F4 from the app which makes it harder to quit the app.

Here is a link to how to make apps autostart: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-run-a-raspberry-pi-program-on-startup#method-2-autostart
13/0
Antonio Buono
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
thank you for having responded, in practice I would like to take advantage of raspbian lite and that is without gui, but my application is nothing but a 3d game ...
is there a way to do it?
Antonio Buono
Years of Service
User Offline

418/5000
I read the recommended web page, but it speaks to me of python programs ... following the instructions it does not work for me, by chance the appgamekit executables have a different extension and must be started in another way?
the guide says to write the name of the executable file in this way

[Desktop Entry]
Type = Application
Name = Clock
Exec = / usr / bin / python3 /home/pi/clock.py

I don't think it's usable in agk2 games
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2019 20:58
The Name and Exec should be changed to your apps stuff, like Name = My App and Exec = /home/pi/AGKApps/myAGKapp

You can't run a 3D app without the desktop environment though.
13/0
Antonio Buono
Years of Service
User Offline
Solved, thanks for the help ...
you were really very kind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:05:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:05:26