Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Text being written over

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just started using AppGameKit and am not sure if something is functioning as intended. The print function overwrites what is already there instead of replacing it. For example the default program:

Each time the function gets called it writes on top of the existing value.
The same for:
Shadowlord36
Years of Service
User Offline
Just thought I'd add: The formatting is a bit off in my code snippets but the issue persists when it is correct. I'm beginning to suspect that something is amiss with my installation or settings as I downloaded the AppGameKit Studio demo and this issue is not present there. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Also, when I run it, that message in the bottom right of the screen saying something like "access the steam community by shift tab" appears every frame.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2019 12:38
it shouldn't so definitely something wrong at your end, probably best to look into your PC specs and the monitor, also verify AppGameKit in steam, might help.
the steam overlay pop up is normal and to get rid of it you can open AppGameKit, go to "build" -> "build options" -> "build" -> untick "use steam integration" -> click ok
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
Shadowlord36
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your reply. My specs are i7 6700hq, 16GB and GTX 960m, so that shouldn't be an issue, even though I'm using a laptop. My monitor seems to be working correctly with everything else. Not sure how I'd diagnose if it relates to my monitor? I've already tried verifying files in steam and the result is the same. I had the problem even when I uninstalled the Steam version and tried running the trial version downloaded from The Game Creators. Another thing that does not seem to be working as intended is when I do something like:

It seems to refresh Hello World every frame so it is flickering, when my understanding is that Hello World should appear once, too quick to see. Unfortunately, I don't have another machine to try it on as my only other computer is a 7 year old netbook. I think I'll leave it a couple of days to see how this thread develops and if the issue is not resolved, look into contacting The Game Creators directly to see if they are aware of others having my issues.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2019 18:14 Edited at: 10th Oct 2019 18:14
is it only the print function that does it? do sprites move and update correctly? how about normal text from createtext()?
i.e. should just show the 3 words placed randomly around the screen (no repeats)
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
Shadowlord36
Years of Service
User Offline
When I run the script you gave, the screen fills up with words, I just tried it in AppGameKit studio and it worked properly, just 3 words on the screen at a time. I've just learned how to load and move sprites with WASD (I have a total of about 1.5 hours in this engine, mostly troubleshooting my issues). On AppGameKit studio it works fine. On AppGameKit classic it is seriously bugged. It draws at the new location after moving but does not delete from where it was the previous frame.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:15:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:15:27