Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Editor for IOS?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I got a new iPad and app pencil. I found a few apps that allows me to do pixel art for my project. I would like to continue using AppGameKit studio, but the mobile version doesn’t even support Bluetooth keyboard. I guessed I have no choice, but to use AppGameKit Studio for windows. I hope AppGameKit mobile supports ios bluetooth keyboard soon.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi, I am developer of the mobile version of AppGameKit. The current IOS version does support Bluetooth keyboards. What you need to do is press the hide the virtual keyboard button (bottom right of the screen), and then tap the screen to start typing. In the next version Ill try and make it so that you just need to hide the virtual keyboard.
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks apocolyp4! I tried using AppGameKit mobile on IOS with bluetooth keyboard and realized not all keys are supported. Example: The arrow keys are not supported, which is normally what I used to move my cursor in certain code sections.

Also, I noticed when you type a syntax, it'll try to bring the 3 closest words that match that in the touch screen buttons, but it's not as quick as intellisense. Even on the go, I would not use the APK mobile version because it simply not really a user friendly code editor. I know it takes time to code editor for each platform, which is why I'm writing this. Rather, than writing each code editor separator for each platform, is there plan to centralize the code base for editor?

Ex: Web base for code editor will work very good for all platforms and it'll still be 99% same code base. Maybe some slight CSS tweak for some web browsers.

Then, wrap this into a webview for ios or android so it'll look like a native app.

I really wish the AppGameKit code editor was more powerful so I could code on my ipad.
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Your welcome.

The mobile version is a completely separate app from the other AppGameKit editors. Built from scratch using the AppGameKit itself, so its no possible to share resources with the other editors. I am currently working on the visual editor for the mobile version. After I get that ready I plan to improve the coding editor itself. So any feed back you give is great help.

Im not sure what you mean by the closes 3 match words not as quick as intellisense. Do you mean it waits until a few characters has been typed in before it starts searching? If so I have already removed that limitation for the next build. Suggestions will now appear as soon you start typing.

Alot of keys wont work on IOS due to Apple not allowing direct access of bluetooth keyboard inputs (At least the last time I checked). That means unlike on Android I cant check to see if certain keys such as the arrows have been pressed and can only get inputs from the bluetooth keyboard that have been typed into an editbox. Ill look for a work around as soon as I have the time.

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2019 22:43
@apocolyp4 - is there any more effort to enable the importation of code to the mobile edition on iPads or iPhones? I would like to write code on my pc and then transfer it to my iPad. Even something as simple as being able to cut the text from a file and then paste it into a program in AppGameKit mobile would be outstanding.

Rich
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
@Rich Dersheimer Adding true cut and paste to IOS and Android is on my list. That will allow you to copy/cut from outside the app and paste into AppGameKit Mobile. I also am working a way to transfer projects from desktop to the mobile app and back. However this will mostly likely just be on Android. The reason being Apple dont like apps to be able to execute code created from outside of the apps sandbox for security reasons. Its the reason the current cloud save feature is not enabled on the IOS version. Apple rejected the app with it was enabled.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 02:52:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 02:52:03