Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] AGKS + AGKVR = No Screen on HMD after compiling Demos

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm new here and bring a problem right away.

I have the Steam version of AGKS and the download version of AGKVR. So far so good.

When I start an included compiled * .exe of a VR demo (like Castle Basic), the output works on the monitor and also on my HMD (Pimax 5k+).
However, the picture is slightly shifted, so I wanted to see if I can adjust something in the source code.

But if I compile the source code, I have no picture on the HMD. But on my monitor I can see that the program responds to the movements of the VR glasses.

I've found that the AGKVR plugin is different than my dowloaded version.
In the VR demos, the size of the "windows.dll" is 219kb, the download version has 220kb.
In AGKS only the 220kb DLL works.

So has something changed so that the source code must be adjusted?
If so, what should be done?

Best regards
Thomas

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

PiXas
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm...nowbody here who use AGKS and AGKVR?
What does the developer say, are the two programs no longer working together?
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2019 02:07
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hello PiXas,
There is a problem with using AGKVR with AppGameKit Studio at the moment. There was a change to AppGameKit Studio in an update that started using the Vulkan rendering engine instead of OpenGL. Another update was made to AppGameKit Studio to allow you to switch back to using the OpenGL rendering by using the #renderer "Basic" parameter. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem as the handle to the render image is no longer properly passed to AGKVR. This is actively being worked on and there should be a fix very soon!

Ron
a.k.a WOLF!
PiXas
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Ron, thank you for information.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:01:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:01:44