Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / How to change language to English

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I recently bought FPS Creator X10 from eBay to add to my collection of PC stuff and thought I'd give it a try. However it's entirely in German with no options to change language upon install, obviously I cannot read nor speak the language so it's unusable as is and I have no idea how to switch it to English. If anyone can help me out on this one I would greatly appreciate it.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Nov 2019 16:44
Sorry, but no one comes to this section anymore. X10 was abandoned a long time ago and no one provides any support for it. I have no idea how to change the language.
My advise would be to get FPS Creator (previously known as X9) and use it. Even though it's no longer supported by TGC, it still has a small following and some active and experienced users.

This seems to be your first post, so I'll give you an alternative. If you already use X9, disregard the rest...

You can get FPS Creator from the GitHub Site.
Browse down to Getting Started and download FPS Creator Classic and the FPS Creator Classic Update V120
You will see there are a number of free Model Packs on the page as well.

Once you have FPS Creator Classic installed and updated to V120, I recommend you also install BlackIceMod found further down the page.
Since FPSCreator is now more advanced and stable compared to X10, it's a much better deal.

If you have any issues getting started or using the engine, just post on the FPS Creator section and someone will be there to help.

Brian.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
InfernalMonsoon
Years of Service
User Offline
I had heard about it being abandoned a long time ago - I've kinda been on and off with FPS Creator, GameGuru, etc over the past decade or so so I've quietly followed this community for a while but never made any real contact or anything like that. The main reason I bought X10 was really just to add to my collection considering how rare and tough it is to get your hands on nowadays but it would still be nice to make a few short shooters with it so it would be nice to make use of it just as a hobby. But thanks for the help anyway, I'll most likely get some help from my German speaking friends to guide me through the language barrier, make some stuff and then go back to X9 once I've had my fill of X10 considering how much more there is to it. If you could point me towards any assets for X9, free or paid for, to get me back into FPSC X9 with more stuff to play around with then I would great appreciate that.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th Nov 2019 14:36
Besides the GitHub and Official Model Packs mentioned above, see this thread for some 3rd party content sites.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
InfernalMonsoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you! I did download the free model packs and the ones I paid for but more 3rd party stuff is always welcome, can't go wrong with a little more variety!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:41:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:41:39