Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / ChastiKey - Made with AGK and my OryUI framework

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2019 23:43 Edited at: 19th Nov 2019 00:04
I've showcased this app before but I have since re-written it and built it with my OryUI framework which is on GitHub (see signature).

I hope it's not too many pictures. It showcases most of the OryUI components like progress indicators, top bars, tabs, menus, dialogs, navigation drawer, lists, input spinners, text cards, buttons, button groups, scroll to top, floating action buttons, text fields (although I didn't include a screenshot with one that was focused), and the HTTPS Queueing system which isn't visible.

It also uses URL schemes to allow people to share locks with a URL that can be launched in the app and loaded. I also use URL schemes for connecting your Discord account to the app.

This version hasn't been released on the stores yet. It's currently being tested by a group of users.

TGC, I hope the made by AppGameKit icon in the bottom right corner is ok. It might be smaller than you'd like but I couldn't find a good place to put it.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, This look really proffesional Kevin...
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Dec 2019 23:15
the work you've put into this is quite apparent kevin. congrats on bringing this so very far.

do you intend to apply the functionality you've developed in a more mainstream fashion some day?

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2019 11:05
Thank you DannyD and Virtual Nomad.

Virtual Nomad, sorry what do you mean by applying the functionality developed in a more mainstream fashion?

I intend to keep improving OryUI. I'm developing it in the hope of using it in other app ideas I may have. The next biggest thing to do next year is styling it for iOS. I would also I like to eventually replace the blocky button groups with something a bit more native looking. I work on the framework while maintaining the above app so development on the framework tends to be slower than I'd like.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2019 10:50
@Kevin Cross - the OryUI gadgets look great!

Well done on building and sharing the library and thanks for crediting AppGameKit in your app.
Development Director
TGC Team
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2019 19:44
This is cool on a whole new level. Well done. I'm going to give it a butchers now.
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 7 Octacore 3.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 - RTX 2070 8GB
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2019 17:23
@Kevin,

looks great. I guess, that will save us a lot of time when creating tools, does it have keyboard shortcuts and maybe gamepad-controller input support?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2019 08:50
@Xaby, no to both of those. At the moment I've been building it for mobile and how I would use it. I don't have a keyboard or game controller connected to my Android or iOS device.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2020 11:44
@Kevin,

I am thinking about, using your UI for games, Item-System, Shop, or a drawing app and level editor, do you think, using your GUI would save me some development time, or would it be better, to think about something special for my specific needs?
My main targets are: FullHD TVs and big monitors. Windows, OUYA (Android), Raspberry Pi 3/4

My next question is, what about "multitouch", would it be possible, to have maybe two gadgets and using on with a finger and another with another finger, so both panels / windows could interact asynchronious?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2020 11:23 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2020 11:27
@Xaby, most of the elements are activated by pressed, touch, and released. And they are all triggered by the first touch so it's unlikely it would work with multiple UI elements being touched at the same time. I've just tested my app and I can't open two menus at the same time (which is a good thing), nor can I press a tab from the top bar and a floating action button (which again is a good thing). I'm sure it could be amended, but for a typical mobile app that has a top bar, menu, and lists etc. I don't think it really needs the option to be able to react to multiple UI elements being touched at the same time.

You could use parts of the framework, even if it's just to add buttons that have all of the required functions to reduce the number of lines in your code. There may be other elements you'd use like the dialogs (see 6th screenshot in first post) and menus (see 4th screenshot). Top bars and tabs probably aren't things you'd use if you're not building mobile apps. The navigation drawer (8th screenshot) probably won't look right on a desktop game, or in a game on a TV but it's one of those elements that does a lot with very little code. It's pretty much one line of code to add an item to the menu, and one line of code to react to it.

The only other thing to keep in mind is that it's mainly built for percentage sizing and positioning. You could use pixels but the default values will be really small i.e. a button that might have a default height of 5% will be 5 pixels high if you're not using percentages. You could overwrite those values or adjust them in the OryUIDefaultSettings.agc file.

I hope that with the small examples in the documentation on github you'd be able to see quickly if it's something that's useful. I haven't been able to release any example apps that contain lots of the elements yet.

It's OpenSource so feel free to download it, test some of the examples and adapt it to fit your needs, if you feel doing so would be quicker than developing something from scratch yourself.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:36:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:36:03