Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Reduce polygons in FPSC characters

Author
Years of Service
Recently Online
Hi all,
I'm doing a little 3d game with AppGameKit 2 using some 3d characters from FPSC. FPSC characters are really nice but it has too much polygons and, if I have several enemies the polygons drawn increases a lot. I'd like that the game could be played in a low end PC or android phone. So, the question is: is there any way (routine/program/etc) that can reduce the number of polygons of the FPSC model preserving the animations?

Thanks in advance.
Best regrads
SolaraV
Recently Online
You could drive a low poly character with that characters animations, but it's not feasible to try to delete polygons, and then reseal the mesh. Do you realize how many faces there are in a low poly dude or dudette? First practice removing polys on something simple, like a cube, then you will understand exactly what you are asking for. You can, but It's not going to be fun
BraindeaD
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 11th Dec 2019 18:59 Edited at: 11th Dec 2019 18:59
Hi, SolaraV.
Thanks for your answer, yes, it looks really hard and bored doing it by hand. I am a very bad modeller.
I'll try to see how many models I can have in screen without raletizations and adapt the gameplay a bit in order to get it.

Thanks
SolaraV
Recently Online
Hold up, I just realized that there's an automated solution to this...
Someone already did the hard part for us:
3ds:
http://mycreativedaddy.com/how-to-reduce-polygon-count-in-3ds-max-easily/
Blender:
https://m.all3dp.com/2/blender-how-to-reduce-polygons/
BraindeaD
Years of Service
Recently Online
Hey! thank you, SolaraV.
I'll try to use, mainly blender method. A few days ago, I tried to reduce the polys with fragmotion but it doesn't work for me (or I don't know how use it correctly), so I'll try with Blender.
Thanks for you help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-12-12 05:34:53
Your offset time is: 2019-12-12 05:34:53