Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Switching between Scenes with fade?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2019 12:31
I'm posting this to make sure I'm going about this the right way. It's basically to determine whether I'm using myscene_setup(), myscene_sync() and myscene_cleanup() properly. Below is a snippet of a basic scene setup I'm coding and I want to determine if I'm using the scene functions correctly.

Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 7 Octacore 3.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 - RTX 2070 8GB
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2019 20:35
Anyone?
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 7 3800X Octacore - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 2080TI 11GB
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, at a quick glance you're not using at least some of the functions right. The _setup() and _sync() versions of the .scene do not have to be called if you're using the _fade() for a scene. The _fade() function of your scenes will run the _setup() function if it wasn't loaded before.

Having said that, I haven't tried to make a scene fade in and fade out yet, but you're now using three functions that 'load' the scene already. You may want to open the .scene file in AppGameKit Studio and click on Script, next to where you Save your scene files. It will show you the code the .scene has generated.

If you don't want the scenes to change resolutions or windows, you most likely will want to run the function that ends with _create_window(0) to prevent that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:20:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:20:58