Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Jump Level by Tax78 & the Wasp Mod

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I could really use the jump level system if anyone has it lying around, all links i can find are down
and also i'm trying to use wasp culling
Where do I put this?
Wasp Mod:
"Culling actions
X=0, if set to 0, will only allow standard FPSC culling.
X=1, activates WASP mod culling for all dynamic, mobile entities,
this command also activates the additional culling action, enabling
full control over your games entities culling."

The guide is quite incomplete for someone as new as myself.
Thanks
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2019 23:19
SolaraV Here's a link to Tax78 website. He made the "jump" system.
http://tax78.altervista.org/
It's still being hosted there.
Also, I believe "culling" has been turn off in Black Ice mod I could be wrong, but remember something about that.
So are you using Wasp mod then?
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2019 01:58 Edited at: 17th Dec 2019 01:59
Yea I decided to go with wasp mod and I really like it, my levels are using half the ram out of the box and 5 more fps in the most taxing areas of my levels.
Black ice mod was giving me an unplayable framerate. I was also getting a reshade error, probably why my framerate was so bad. But I'm thinking this code must need to go in a trigger zone...
But now my wasp mod standalone builds are crashing after I click "new game", no idea why except that it tells me
"Runtime error 105 - file does not exist at line 6283"
Sucks, it is a good mod, but now I can't play the game.

Gosh really starting to feel some kinda way about this...
Now I don't know what to try next.

Interesting, I clicked the link from my phone and it loaded, but on my pc, when I got to the one drive site, it said there were no files available, and wouldn't display at all when i tried to refresh it... oh well , got the script now! Thank you ncmako!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2019 11:28
Double check our builds to make sure all the files are in the build, that error indicates a file didn't make it into the final build. ( most likely)
It happens.
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@SolaraV :- Sorry to hear that you having issue with black ice mod but the mod has advanced a bit and does have a min spec to run due to the advanced shaders.

With v11 reshader is installed as an option now so this is less taxing on your system.

ncmako nailed it on the head that there a files missing in your built exe.

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
s4real
does the wasp culling state code belong in a trigger zone or where do i put it?? I know it's been a while since you made the mod, but my old intel g41 gpu really likes your wasp mod,
i think it would like it even more if i could figure out how to activate the wasp cullstate. And i've searched everywhere for this info.

If you don't return maybe i can figure out a way to make a transparent wall with no collision for doorways, to act the same way that vis-portals do in GTKRadiant.

I'm running a very low end integrated 128mb gpu, but back in the day i was able to flawlessly run Halo 1&2 on a 32mb Geforce2... But this motherboard has already been in the oven twice. lol
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@SolaraVm What version of wasp are you using as there is a few floating around ?

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2019 10:03 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2019 09:15
s4real
Wasp mod v2 RC3 from the link on https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/205526
Running it on FPSC v1.20.18
Thanks so much!
Edit:
Also after some research I've discovered that my gpu & cpu are actually working at higher percentages in assault cube than in FPSC, yet I am running between 70-80 fps in assault cube, but only 15-27 in fpsc? both games are using a similar amount of ram... I really dont get it.

EDIT: Final edit:
After overclocking my E5200 from 2.5ghz to 3 ghz, assault cube was running at 120 fps,
So i went back into FPSC. was just barely a little faster so...
I turned off Post processing in setup, and placing this cullmode=1 into the setup I am now runnng at 45-60 fps, up from an average of 20!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:36:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:36:48