Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Broadcast Issue using Studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have both classic and Studio installed. I am trying to move to studio, but can't get the broadcast/debug to a device using the player to work. The broadcast works fine from classic, but if use the same code on Studio it never starts. Any ideas on what ports or other settings I need to try (I have also tried putting in both ipv4/ipv6 addresses in the settings).

I've searched the threads and tried some of the suggestions mentioned with no success. I have two devices that work fine with classic and are using the latest AppGameKit player build.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2020 22:36
Each device should have a different ip address. When you run the app on the device is the device ip the same as the one you are putting in studio?
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 7 3800X Octacore - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 2080TI 11GB
BlueGuardian
Years of Service
User Offline
I am running on Windows 10 -

Here is what I have tried:

Using AppGameKit Classic (both wIth/without Build Port set to 5869 and device and debug device IP address fields empty ) - I start the app using the broadcast option - the app comes up on both my mobile devices (running Build Dec 12 2019 of the AppGameKit Player).

My Laptop has Device IPv4 x.x.x4
Mobile Device 1 has Device IPv4 x.x.x150
Mobile Device 2 has Device Ipv4 x.x.x.247

Subnet mask x.x.x is the same on all devices. I can open a command window and ping the two mobile devices from the laptop with no packets lost.

I close out Classic and Open AGK/Studio - load the project. BTW Under Preferences / Build Options - There is no place for me to set a build port value that I can see. I was assuming it was default to Port 45631 based on the Help documentation for creating a broadcast listener,
is that the correct port (just for reference purposes)?

Scenario 1: Both Broadcast/Debug IP Address fields are empty. I kick off the app using broadcast or debug. The app runs on the Windows machine - but is never detected by the two mobile devices.

Scenario 2: I set the Broadcast device ip address to x.x.x4 in the preferences and kick off the app. Does not get sent to mobile devices.

Scenario 3: I set the Broadcast device ip address to either of the mobile devices addresses in the preferences and kick off the app. Does not get sent to either mobile device.

I have also tried playing around with the same tests using the IPv6 addresses with no luck. I also think i have all the exceptions handled to knock block the app in my Virus Software - AND i have checked my firewall settings and TCP/UDP is open on all ports for both AppGameKit Classic and Studio

Any help/suggestions to get this working is appreciated. My production is slowed down having to switch between the two because some functions/flow aren't working in Classic and I have to keep commenting them out to run.
BlueGuardian
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Thanks!!! Got it resolved. - i was looking at "agkbroadcaster". Interestingly I had four entries for agkbroadcaster and was assuming one TCP/UDP pair was Classic and the other was Studio. After examining it closer - one was for a steam classic install and the other was a standard classic install. I just had to create a custom rule for the "ide" in my firewall settings and it worked perfectly!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:28:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:28:27