Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Adding an 'Enter' (or next text line) to a text string, without having a user actually edit a TextEditBox ??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on a card editor / generator for one of my games. I would like to do some text generation as well, however, ideally this would be part of the same editor I use to create the regular game cards.

SetEditBoxText(CardEditor_oncardtext," "+" This text on second line ")

Can we use something like /n at the spot of the + or something to add text to the second line in an automated way? The EditBox is set to allow for multiple lines of text.

Early test in practice and kind of showing the issue :

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
By the way, I'm quite enjoying the Scene Editor, even when it is limited. It already proved very useful so far, especially for UI related stuff or game overlays. I could see how with some better art, it's quite powerful.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2020 19:43
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
isnt it +chr(13)?
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much smallg , you put me on the right track. The one I was looking for was +chr(10)+" my text" , that gives an Enter / new line. Very much appreciated! I totally forgot about chr and unicodes like that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:35:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:35:06