Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / HTML5 bytecode Error trying to play game in browser

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2020 21:17 Edited at: 15th Mar 2020 22:33
Recently I started to receive an error while trying to play a HTML game in a browser from my hosted server:" The full version cannot load bytecode compiled with the trial version. "This is a new issue as I have the full version of AGK2 and it worked fine before. I tried reinstalling AGK2, but that did not fix the error. I also cleared the browser cached data and files, as well as trying on two different browsers. Still did not fix the issue. I also combined all the noted potential fixes and restarted the computer. Still gives the error message after loading the data: "The full version cannot load bytecode compiled with the trial version. " Anyone had this issue and if so, developed a fix?

Thanks for any ideas on potential fixes.

Determined what the caused the error: the name of the folder on the server must be the same name as the project folder (the name of the project). So if I had a project named "test1", but was saving that project to a server folder called "test", then the error would come up. Need to name the server folder "test1".
Mesher
User Banned
Posted: 16th Mar 2020 13:32
Remove all instances of AppGameKit including all trial versions of it.

Recompile your app with your full version product... You must have compiled it with a trial version before.. and just requires recompiling I think.

JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
Mesher,

Thanks for the suggestions. As i mentioned in my original post after I edited it, the error occurred because my server folder name was different than my project name. At least on the server that I use, the name of the folder on the server must be the same name as the project folder (the name of the project). So if I had a project named "test1", but was saving that project to a server folder called "test", then the error would come up. After I change the name of the server folder to test1, the error does not occur. Everything seems to be working fine now. I have not ever installed a trial version of AGK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:50:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:50:16