Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Black Ice Mod v11 Trailer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2020 21:27 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 20:32
Black Ice Mod v11 Trailer

Special Thanks
Dark Lord
Ncmako
Rolfy
Urlforce Studios
Uzi Idiot
Xplosys
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 19th Mar 2020 21:44 Edited at: 20th Mar 2020 00:32
Nice work, can't wait for the release!
Also, you misspelled ncmako's name in the special thanks.

Mod Edit - Fixed thanks!
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2020 23:28 Edited at: 20th Mar 2020 23:32
Terrific stuff Nomad Everything looks beautiful ! Lots of extra goodies, can't wait
I think a little someone else might be a little.... jealous, after seeing this trailer for V11

Sooo happy we have an Objective Pointer now. Yahoo !!!
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2020 23:31
Quote: "I think a little someone else might be a little.... jealous, after seeing this trailer for V11 "

Ha Ha.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great! Some of these features would be literally game-changing If you have some time can u answer my questions?
How works this terrain system? It's just some predefined segments or you can manipulate and sculpt it like in gg? And can you paint textures? And can enemies with standard scripts like strafe or chase navigate on it?
Whats the key diffrences between new and old lighting system? ;p Maybe Im blind, but for me it looks same as V10
About destructive enviorments - how it works? Is that new set of walls with destruction animations, or maybe (yeah, in my dreams;p) now we can make any entity destroyable?
New explosions would overrite old ones or work from some special script? Im asking becouse i've modified old explosion effect, and I want to keep it
Ok, for now thats all Looking forward for V11
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow

Great work
PredicateC - FPSC to GameGuru FPE converter
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211068
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2020 23:59
Update :-

V11.9g released get it from the link below :-

https://www.blackicemod.org/files/BlackIceModLauncher.exe

Many thanks for all your support.

best s4real and nomad
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 00:50
Thanks all and really glad we managed to get this update out for all of you now.

@GHOST LOL

Quote: "How works this terrain system? It's just some predefined segments or you can manipulate and sculpt it like in gg? And can you paint textures? And can enemies with standard scripts like strafe or chase navigate on it?"

The terrains are prebuilt by slicing a larger terrain into smaller pieces i.e. segments. This means they are only really designed to be used 'as is' and not so much a terrain kit
You could edit the textures for a different look but bear in mind the skyboxes which come with them would no longer match.
Yes enemies will work with these terrains. This is the main reason for making them this way.

Quote: "Whats the key diffrences between new and old lighting system? ;p Maybe Im blind, but for me it looks same as V10"

The lighting is now more accurate for dynamic entities. It basically gives overall better quality lighting but particularly for dynamic entities.

Quote: "About destructive enviorments - how it works? Is that new set of walls with destruction animations, or maybe (yeah, in my dreams;p) now we can make any entity destroyable?"

The animations are pre determined but you can set them up using your own textures and walls. There is a document which explains in the Docs folder

Quote: "New explosions would overrite old ones or work from some special script? Im asking becouse i've modified old explosion effect, and I want to keep it"

This is a new explosion effect so it replaces the old one. You can customise the explosion effect by replace the default we included with something else
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 10:16
I have a question - why am i forced to download a "launcher", instead of a normal installer like in the older versions? why can't i just download the installer from the website?
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Im with ScooT9 on this one, when im trying to download from launcher, im loosing connection or something, and I don't have such problems with usual sites like mediafire.
And I have one big big big request: Is it possible for you to upload V11 update with only the essential files? I've retextured a lot of stock media and modified some stock scipts for my project, and i don't want to overrite it with update installation. I know i could backup everything and copy it later, but i think it would be improvement for benefit of all users, and less MB to download
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 12:46
@ ScooT9 & GHOST The "Launcher" lets one decide which Version/Product to install . There are several choices to choose from.
This way one Launcher can handle everything.

@ GHOST
Quote: " Is it possible for you to upload V11 update with only the essential files? "

Good point And he may well do this with small patches? But consider if a new member comes along and wants to install BIM V11 they would have to
go thru the process of installing several files/patches just to get up and running. I think keeping everything in one big file insures consistency.
But then again he may break it up

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 12:24
We have now fixed the downloading issues with the mod launcher.

Please use v1.2 which can be downloaded using the same link:

We are not providing direct links to the SP and MP builds as the launcher will be used to let people know if there is an update available and will be helpful for anyone new to the mod etc.
We might be able to include a patch only option for v12 as this will be updated per feature rather than a large release like v11 has been.

I recommend using the launcher as we will continue developing this and along with the mod itself. Any patch option will also be included in the launcher.

Thanks Ncmako
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 16:57
Patch options are now included in the latest v1.4 mod launcher

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 07:27
@Nomad Soul - Wow! this is some awesome work!

I haven't been back here on these forums in a while, glad I stopped in. I will need to download and play around with it for sure, maybe see if any of my old projects will still load up.
Me = noob
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 19:58 Edited at: 1st Apr 2020 20:06
wow. i am shocked. thank you all so so much for your work and dedication to this beautiful piece of hackneyed software. much love and many beers to you all
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2020 03:19
@Pain and @sbegley001
Thanks very much for your kind words and support. We've had a lot of contributions from the community to get the mod where it is now.
We hope you enjoy using it and giving you a reason to dig out FPSC again!
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2020 22:23 Edited at: 5th Apr 2020 01:05
Hi Im trying out black ice mod V11 right now, and here are some of my thoughts about it (subjective thoughts, as I didn't checked-out everything yet)

Good things:
1, I think optimization is better, I got more fps, and less random fps drops I hope its not only matter of lower resolution
2, Damage Indicator Is GREAT! Its literal game changing feature, now player really feel who shoot him. Huge improvement, when we want some people to play our game, and they don't know all enemies positions by heart
3. New set of terrains is better than I thought
4, New set of skies also looks very good
5, Objective pointer also works great
6. That destructive animated wall looks super-good! I feel like I got to redesign some levels to fit some of those in there

Neutral:
1. I see some differences in lighting, not sure if its better now, or was before - for me it's just different. But still good
2, I feel like enemies now have a lot better aim? I didn't changed anything on any of my levels, and I'm loosing health a lot quicker - But it's ok, I can rebalance that easily
3. Third person feature - Its's working, but I don't feel like someone could really use it in a game. It would need a lot of new animations (also for guns). Also I think that camera needs to be adjusted to have more over-the-shoulder look (like in gears of war) because now character is blocking the view, Overall I think that building TPS project in FpsC would be A LOT more work than its really worth.
4. Heads of enemies disappear after headshots. Don't know if its a bug or feature Can I turn it off? It would look cool if these heads would fall off and roll around (or at least there was some big blood exlposion attached to it) but now it just looks like a bug

Bad things:
1, 1280x720 is quite low res, it would be very good if we could decide between this and 1080p, even for the price of lower fps. But, whatever, FpsC is no graphical killer anyway, so i can live with 720p
2. One of my levels is not loading - I'm talking about the map editor, not even test game

Screen:

Is there something i can do? Or I have to build it again from the start?

3, I have graphic (hud?) problem on one level. I took 3 screenshots of it:

4, New explosion effect. It looks sooo flat Before we had few 2D planes with some smoke on them, and it looked bad, but now we have just one 2D plane with explosion on it, and it looks extremely flat! To make things worse - this explosion appear in wrong places! For example: O got rolling barrel which explodes, but I see explosion sprite on the other side of the room, Sometimes, when barrel is next to the wall half of explosion effect is invisible, cuz it vanished in that wall (and that wasn't a problem before). And from far away It doesn't appear at all
5. Decals now happen to appear and disappear randomly right in front of me, which wasn't problem before.
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2020 00:23 Edited at: 5th Apr 2020 00:40
Okey, I checked-out launcher, and there was V12 version Nobody announced it here, so... ya know... but now everything is fine, every level is working, no problems with hud, graphic or headshots And native screen resolution is back

But explosions are still a problem - explosion sprite shows up not in the place of exploding barrel. It shows up way behind it or way in front, so (most of the times) it looks like it don't show up at all because it vanishes in other entitys or segments next to the barrel.
And normal stock decals still pop up right before my eyes, then disappear when I move and then appear and disappear again.

But overall now it's WAY more good things than problems
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2020 01:36 Edited at: 5th Apr 2020 01:38
Hi

I removed a couple of your pics as i was struggling to read everything.

I'm glad to hear the latest patch has resolved most of your issues. We don't announce every update here as the main purpose of the mod launcher is to let you know when an update is available and we include the patch notes.
I'd recommend joining the FPSC discord server (see stickied threads) if you would like to participate in live chat about the mod and releases. I will update the main black ice thread here for visibility of new updates.

I'll make a note of the explosion effect. It is an animated decal which you can replace with anything you like (the folder is called explosion). You can also scale the effect to make it larger etc
The effect is an animated 2D texture so you can get some pretty realistic looking explosions but they are inherently flat in nature. This is also better for performance.
We included a professional pack of animated decals in v11 and there are some nice explosion effects in there so check those out too.

The decal will only appear on the 1st exploding barrel if there is a cascade of explosions but it should always appear for individual explosions.
We've not had any reports of stock decals appearing randomly in front of the player. I can only recommend using FPSC Cleaner after installing the latest patch which might help.

Your levels should all load now as we made a fix to segment loading in the latest patch and we restored native desktop resolution by popular demand as you already noticed.
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just tested how explosions work now.

Explosion effect appears in correct position only if there is no other decals on the map. If I place just some smallfires, then explosion sprite appears far away from exploding barrel or don't appear at all.

PS: I will check-out discord
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2020 18:10
Hiya

We have now fixed the issues with explosions.

They always appear in the right place and appear for every explosion. This will be included in the next mod launcher update which will be v1.6.

Thanks for your feedback and report.
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 09:08 Edited at: 6th Apr 2020 10:52
Hi I'm very happy you're taking care of Black Ice Mod problems And I'm really grateful for your work on this software However, today I've tried to build single player exe with 4 levels (biggest of them is about 1300mb in test game) got some new "bug reports":

1. This is major one - second level won't load. There is no crash or error, game just turns off when loading is almost finished. But if I start game second or third time in a row, then sometimes it would work, but only to the next loading and then it turns off, Tried to turn off antivirus, but it doesn't matter.
2. When I'm loading saved game all weapons have wrong positions - they're slightly turned to the side, and rotated a little bit, so u can say good bye to ironsights ;p I'm using Model Pack 9 and 10 weapons.
3. Some textures won't show up in builded game, but they are there in the editor and test game.
4. When I'm loading a save, game isn't loading some of the dynamic entities. But when I'm starting from New Game they are there.
5. Enemies appear to have wrong weapons. I mean - they're holding mesh of sniper rifle, but shooting Ak74, also they're dropping mesh of that sniper rifle, but when i pick it up, its ak74. It happens only on one level, but It was all good in the test game.

That's it for now Sorry I'm telling bad news again, but I really want to finish this one small project I have

EDIT: Just to be sure - I've just got back to BIM V10, and builded game with 4 levels, and its all working without any crashes, also loading times are much shorter on v10.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ghostlol :- Please can you send us a link to the game that is broken not packed so we can look whats going on.

Many thanks s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 15:05 Edited at: 6th Apr 2020 15:27
@ GHOST LOL Try a few of these tips and see if it helps any? A vague error with no error message is hard to track down
#1 - Do you have systemmemorycap turned off? I know you said your build is only 1300megs, but check anyway.
After your build what are your compatibility settings? Take a look at them and try something different.

#3 - Are some of these "missing" texture dynamic entities? If so, make sure you have them set to IsImmobile=yes.
Unless they are meant to be moved. I found some "wall" entities set to IsImmobile=no and they would fly-off
during a test never to be seen

#4 - Same as #3, double check these settings for dynamic items. Just to be sure about your problem.

Edit: I posted a response while s4real was also posting lol

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 18:08 Edited at: 6th Apr 2020 18:10
Yes please send us a link to your built game so we can take a look,

In addition to the great advice from ncmako you can look at some of these things:

Quote: "1. This is major one - second level won't load. There is no crash or error, game just turns off when loading is almost finished. But if I start game second or third time in a row, then sometimes it would work, but only to the next loading and then it turns off, Tried to turn off antivirus, but it doesn't matter."

Try setting dividetexturesize=2 in your setup.ini which might help determine if its a memory issue.
Quote: "2. When I'm loading saved game all weapons have wrong positions - they're slightly turned to the side, and rotated a little bit, so u can say good bye to ironsights ;p I'm using Model Pack 9 and 10 weapons."

Can you confirm if this is only happening with MP9 and MP10 weapons or stock weapons also
Quote: "3. Some textures won't show up in builded game, but they are there in the editor and test game."

This can often be because the textures are not using the naming style FPSC likes. You may need to copy over some textures manually to your built game. We included a new tool called FPSC Build File Checker.exe to help with this.
Quote: "4. When I'm loading a save, game isn't loading some of the dynamic entities. But when I'm starting from New Game they are there."

Can you confirm which entities? is it always the same entity? are these stock or custom entities?
Quote: "5. Enemies appear to have wrong weapons. I mean - they're holding mesh of sniper rifle, but shooting Ak74, also they're dropping mesh of that sniper rifle, but when i pick it up, its ak74. It happens only on one level, but It was all good in the test game. "

Sounds like this issue might also be specific to MP9 and MP10 so will need to investigate further.

Once we have your built game we can try to look into some of these.
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
@s4real @ncmako @Nomad Soul
Thank you for all of your answers! I will upload my test build somewhere and send link in pm (I did two another builds to make sure it's not just one time thing - but same problems in each). I will try to do it as fast as possible, but my internet upload speed is far from being fast ;p Anyway I'm uploading it on mediafire right now

I thought if I don't even touch 1500mb (let alone 1800...) per level, then I'm far from memory issues, but who knows When it comes to textures, I've already downscaled almost every entity texture I'm using in game - could it be segment textures? Also, as I said - It wasn't a problem when I was using Black Ice V10.
I can do another build with some stock weapons, and tell how it goes
About dynamic entities not loading - I'm using some dynamic grass from old forest pack. I set leavecorpse as main script, immobile=yes, and physic=off. I want it to be dynamic, because static entities are always bulletproof - I know, when I set collision=1001, then it can be walked-through even as a static, but still would be bulletproof.

Ok, now, I'll try out some of your advice, and we will see what happens
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 23:10 Edited at: 6th Apr 2020 23:12
Thanks. Please can you also confirm if you were using v10.8 or an earlier version before?

I've got the link and downloading your test build now to investigate.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2020 23:30
@ GHOST
Quote: " I set collision=1001"

Ah... that may be part of the problem You can set entities to be dynamic and make them bullet proof
with the command "nobulletcol " But lets see what Nomad has to say....

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2020 08:21 Edited at: 7th Apr 2020 08:30
@ncmako
Quote: "You can set entities to be dynamic and make them bullet proof with the command "nobulletcol ""

I know, but if I set collision=1001 then entity can be static, an you can walk through it, so it's nice for some foliage, for example - "nature" modelpacks have collision=1001 out of the box, so I thought it's all good But still if you want to shoot through it, it needs to be dynamic, If I add some grass to the level and player would crouch in it, then it needs to be shootable-through. And all that dynamic grass disappears when you load game. I the end of the day I can not add any grass at all and then say it's a feature and game have "minimalistic" style

@Nomad Soul
Yeah I was using v10.8
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2020 23:19
@GHOST LOL - We've been able to identify some of your issues.

For the Modelpack 9 and 10 weapons, this is an issue with the model packs not being updated.
These were patched for later versions of FPSC but it appears you might be using an older set. We were able to fix the issues by modifying the gunspecs.

We've also made some fixes to save / load in the next black ice patch which should help with that.

To proceed further we need you to build a working version of the game for us. So in other words please build again with black ice v10.8 and send us a link.
Thanks
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2020 11:40 Edited at: 8th Apr 2020 12:05
@Nomad Soul
Ok, at least now I know it's my fault with the guns, sorry I was saying it's Black Ice Mod issue

I've build these 4 levels on V10.8, and here is what I found:
1. I can go through first 3 levels without any crashes. It crashes when loading lvl 4 tho, but it's still better result than V12 version that crashes on almost every loading.
2. Loading times are noticeably quicker on v10.8
3. Game is way easier, It seems like enemies got much better accuracy on v12.

I'm sending link right now.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2020 19:58
Quote: "Ok, at least now I know it's my fault with the guns, sorry I was saying it's Black Ice Mod issue "

Its fine, we just to make sure we confirm which are issues with the mod and which are content specific.

Quote: "1. I can go through first 3 levels without any crashes. It crashes when loading lvl 4 tho, but it's still better result than V12 version that crashes on almost every loading."

We have improved the stability of loading now but need to do more testing using the v10.8 build.

Quote: "2. Loading times are noticeably quicker on v10.8"

Not sure about this one yet. We will do some testing on load times with both of the builds.

Quote: "3. Game is way easier, It seems like enemies got much better accuracy on v12."

Oh yes, that will be the hidden super difficult mode we added! Just kidding, its probably just the npc's being more responsive. we've not increased the AI aiming or anything like that.

Thanks for the v10.8 build I've just downloaded it.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2020 19:39
We are still doing some testing but noticed you said earlier your using leavecorpse as main script. This could be why your grass is not getting loaded with saved games.
The leavecorpse should only be used as a destroy script.

We added some code which does some checks and memory cleanup so it has a slight impact on loading times but with improved stability. You should see an improvement in loading on the next release.

As I previously mentioned we also fixed explosions now so hopefully the next update will address most of the problems you've had.

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Big thank you for your work, can't wait to next update

PS: I was thinking about that explosion effect - could it be good (or possible at all?) idea to play 3 decals per explosion instead of 1? For example - explosion happens, first sprite flashes, then, after about 10th frame of that first one, we have second expolsion sprite - this one is bigger, and then after about 8 frames of that second decal, we see smoke decal for a second I have no idea if that is possible at all, but it would look cool
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2020 11:27
There are 2 animated decals in the effect, the explosion followed by a smoke effect.

The smoke effect should be more noticeable now we have fixed the spawning issues but there are 2 animated decals used.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2020 00:51
You can now download the latest mod launcher v1.6 which has the fixes mentioned above:

Locking this thread now as it was just supposed to be for the trailer!
I've seen you have joined discord now so thats great.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:45:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:45:46