Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [SOLVED] Problem with models turned front to back

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! Im serching, and trying out some old models and packs, and with some models there is a problem: they are front to back. Not a problem in static mode, but when it comes to people or animals there is a problem. For example animated Eagle from native american pack can follow waypoints, but only on reverse ;p same problem with few other characters and animals. Someone know a solution?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 16:36
GHOST Try this, open the entities .fpe file. scroll down until you see fixnewy = x command.
Most likely it's set to 0 (zero) change it to 180 (fixnewy = 180 note !!! the space after the equal sign ) And vice versa.
This happens to dynamic entities when animated a lot ! Simple fix if that is it.
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know why, but changing fixnewy to 180 or 0 is doing nothing (tried also -180 , same result ;p) tried it a few times, each time deleted bin and dbo files, and he still going backwards. Maybe we can add something to his main script (im using follow script here) to turn him around?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 18:27 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2020 18:28
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
GHOST No need to change the script. I have the same pack and opened it with Fragmotion. The mesh is backwards on its axis simple fix
Attached is updated file, just drop into folder and Over-Write the exiting Eagle_flying.x file. Note: Keep fixnewy = 180, not 0
Works ok for me now. Flying high

Attachments

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
It works great!
Maybe you can explain to me how you did that? I have fragmotion (trial ;p) already (since the time you helped me with fixing firebone) and i don't want to bother you every time i need to turn something around
And I've noticed another thing - orginal eagle model was over 700kb, and the one you edited is 70kb, - how you did that? It's ten times lighter I know 700kb isn't much but when i got lots of models in my game it adds up.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2020 20:02 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2020 20:04
GHOST I'll try and make a simple tut for this with Fragmo, but note I'm NOT very good at this sort of info.
Now Seppgirty on the other hand IS good at tutorials hint, hint Sepp

* The file is smaller much due to compressing it before exporting the file. Simple click and done.
Yes, in the long run multiple smaller files DO add up

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 10:29
GHOST I made a quick simple tutorial with Bandicam. It recorded ok but the mouse does not show for some reason?
No audio just subtitles. Let me know if it helps

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 14:04
You beat m to it NCMAKO. I'll have to finish putting my website videos onto youtube.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
THANK YOU

Everything works as it should now
I've already fixed good old pitcrawler model Also fixed some cosmic models (for example - in free cosmic troopers pack every model was exported in 30 fps, and therefore fpsC was "squeezing" that models from time to time, but now, in 24 fps they work flawlessly
And recently i've noticed that changing scale in fpe file dosn't change hitbox, so now im rescalling some models. For example - do you remember free Zizombie model from fps files? It had scale in fpe file set to 25, and ridiculously huge hitbox. Now he is fine
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok - it's not as super- duper as i thought at first
While i can change scale of characters and everything is right, I can't repair pitcrawler model. Even if I got "sellect all" , when im changing orientation and scale of that model its only changing first frame of animation. I attached x file so you can take a look if you have time. It got already fixed default pose, but not animations.

Attachments

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 20:39
try my old video on how to rotate an animated character.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnH-xcsHkWA
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 20:54 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2020 21:03
@ Seppgirty No sweat, But... your much better at making tutorials YES, I've been keeping an eye on your site.
Please do upload those old videos, you never know when they are needed

@GHOST Pitcrawler, where is that from? Is that an fpsc model? Be careful uploading someone else's model?

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Pitcrawler, where is that from?"
- its very old model from Rolfy Years ago it was available for free on fps-files. Since that site is dead now, you can find him on some old russian and german fpsC sites, but he is still free, am i right?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 00:35
Ah yes, I do remember now. Just being careful. Ok, I'll grab it and fix it up, should be fun.
Quote: "Since that site is dead now"

Nope, alive and well Read thru the postings GHOST !!! https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222043
FPS Files top link There's so much your missing. lol

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 07:28 Edited at: 24th Mar 2020 07:29
Oh, by bad But fps-files from years ago looked different and had 10-times more content on it. But it's better than nothing i guess But i let me show u something : http://playerzeek-fpsc2011.yolasite.com/fpsc-4.php - this lil site has links to majority of old fps-files media, I found it by accident. And i don't know how long that site will be up so maybe some user with good internet and some time in hands, could backup those files back to orginal site?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 15:09 Edited at: 24th Mar 2020 15:13
You may be remembering FPSFree.com. I had much more content and I did host the Pitcrawler.

Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.

Attachments

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 19:12 Edited at: 24th Mar 2020 19:13
Yeah, of course i remember FPSFree! Back then i was a kid who discovered FpsC by accident, just searching "how to make a game". I've tried TGF2 already, and made little project in Rpg maker, and then I discovered FpsC When i first read about it, I thought that it's some kind of scam, cuz its description sounded literally too good to be real ;p But I've tried it anyway To my amazement it had real 3d graphics, and i could just drag and drop enemies and shoot them minute later - for me that was more than enough
Back then (i think it was around 2008-09) there was little polish forum about FpsC (now dead for looong time) and - since polish was my only language back then - I could learn some basics. Everybody on that forum were trying to make a horror game, so - to be original - i was making action shooter... 7 levels of killing nazis without changing even one script Of coure laggy as hell Let's say slow-motion was a feature Oh boy if i only had backups of my first "games" in fpsC it would be fun Or maybe not... ;p

Ok but that is too much off topic ;p
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 23:28
@ Xplosys Wow, a blast from the past Sweet memories, BUT I keep clicking on the links & buttons and nothing happens ?

@ GHOST I managed to kinda fix the model. Yes it was scaled a bit to much and bones got screwed up.
See if this works better now?

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 17:42:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 17:42:14