Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AppGameKit Studio Version 2020.03.27

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 18:47 Edited at: 14th Apr 2020 15:45
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

* Added clipboard support to the Linux version
* Increase max local notifications to 100
* Fixed CopyNetworkMessage failing to copy messages that were not fully read
* Copied network messages can now be read and added to
* Added AddNetworkMessageBye and GetNetworkMessageByte
* Deprecated SetScreenResolution due to lack of support in newer renderers
* Added an error if the Mod command is used with a divisor of 0 to avoid a crash
* iOS now defaults to allowing audio from background apps to continue
* iOS Tier 2 projects have been updated to use launch storyboards instead of images
* iOS export has been updated to use a launch logo instead of a splash image, the logo will be centered on screen in any orientation
* Added Vulkan support to iOS
* Added Vulkan support to Mac
* Added Vulkan support to Linux
* Added partial Vulkan support to Android, PlayVideoToImage, SetDeviceCameraToImage, and AR are not supported with Vulkan
* The Android player will always use OpenGL ES for maximum compatibility, exported apps can choose to use Vulkan by using #renderer "Advanced"
* On all platforms, any device that does not support Vulkan will drop back to OpenGL automatically
* Fixed shadows not working on the Windows Vulkan renderer if depth clamping is not available
* Fixed SetShadowCascades not applying the given values
* Modified shadow algorithm so that the shadow bias can now be set much lower for cascade shadow maps, reducing the gap between objects and shadows
* Improved Android background behaviour so apps will pause and resume faster when sent to background
* Updated Android to target API 29 as required by Google
* Added FixCameraToObject command
* Added GetCameraWorldX/Y/Z commands to get the world coordinates of cameras attached to objects
* IDE: Fixed an error where the Android APK export feature would lock up from time to time
* IDE: Fixed export of APK or IPA. Could hang on second and subsequent attempts
* IDE: Fixed unzipping issue - 64-bit unzip with passwords
* IDE: Added undo to rotations actions
* IDE: Fixed Undo/Redo when using properties widgets
* IDE: Improved performance when using event based rendering
* IDE: Make sure all properties changes are saved
* IDE: Pressing Control+D in the IDE can sometimes cause a crash in the IDE
* IDE: Fixed a random crash when right clicking on an item and then choosing go to definition
* IDE: Now display the normal mouse pointer when over scrollbars
* IDE: Reset the cursor position when closing/opening a agc file
* IDE: Make sure code properties parameters entries are correct before opening the code properties window
* IDE: Created a larger area to select line text, when mouse over line numbers. margin moved a little bit.
* IDE: Fixed - Goto Definition search order, current file - open files in current project - open files all projects - all files current project - all files.
* IDE: Fixed - Sometimes CTRL-Tab didn't work as it should, this has been recoded and should much better now.
* IDE: Auto complete would sometimes hide the line you are typing
* IDE: Fixed an issue where Close Source File would not work on a new Source File
* IDE: Added - "Go To Definition" Scan for same files already opened in a tab, even if not in same project.
* IDE: Fixed - Pasting code at end of file caused the editor to jump to the first line
* IDE: Fixed multiple issues with scene editor (https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/619)

The biggest change is that iOS, Mac, Linux, and Android all now have a Vulkan renderer in addition to the OpenGL renderer as a fallback. Android doesn't have full support for it as PlayVideoToImage, SetDeviceCameraToImage, and AR don't work with Vulkan, so the Android player will default to OpenGL for now. But you can use Vulkan in your exported apps by using #renderer "Advanced" in your Tier 1 code if you don't need any of these commands. On Android using #renderer "Advanced" will still fall back to OpenGL if Vulkan isn't supported.

Also Apple have made this release very difficult for us as they have introduced new notarization requirements that mean we currently cannot do Android export in the Mac version. We've also seen at least one machine force the IDE to run in a sandbox which breaks local app running, so if you experience any issues please let us know.

Edit (14/04/2020): I've uploaded a new version for Mac that should fix the sandbox issue, and restore Android export by downloading the Android export files separately. The download will begin when you open the Android Export dialog for the first time.
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 19:12 Edited at: 27th Mar 2020 19:31
Thanks for the update. Hope to see options needed for my desktop projects added soon.

Installer halts with the attached error near the end of the installation process. I've tried twice with the same result. Appears related to iOS files. Second error is the same as the one in the attached image, second filename is 'runtime.nib'.

Ignoring both errors allows the installation to finish and things seem to run as normal.

Edit: memory leak is still present in this update also:

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/632
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/225976

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 20:08 Edited at: 27th Mar 2020 20:47
Thanks, the installer error should now been fixed. I've fixed the memory leak for the next version.
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 22:22
Quote: "We've also seen at least one machine force the IDE to run in a sandbox which breaks local app running, so if you experience any issues please let us know."

I got this too but when I extracted the zip file to Downloads and then copied that over the top of the one in Applications it then worked as it should... Weird
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 16:49
Quote: "Also Apple have made this release very difficult for us as they have introduced new notarization requirements that mean we currently cannot do Android export in the Mac version. We've also seen at least one machine force the IDE to run in a sandbox which breaks local app running, so if you experience any issues please let us know.
"

This officially makes AppGameKit useless to me and a waste of money. Very disappointing.

I know it is not completely TGC's fault as Apple seems determined to make development as difficult as possible and I'm getting sick of it.

Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 19:21
Amazing update! I been using it all morning. I recomplied and played my game with tier 2 windows with no issues whatsoever.

The Vulcan work you done on the apple version is a great accomplishment. I imagine it was difficult.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Counterparry
DarkDIRE RPG a roguelike game build with AppGameKit Tier 2
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 20:29
I’ve done a little reading on the MacOS sandbox side and apparently you can set properties in Xcode to not compile in a sandbox version.

Also if you must use sandbox mode then you can have the app request access to a folder, like my documents for example.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2020 00:12
Quote: "apparently you can set properties in Xcode to not compile in a sandbox version"

Yep, we did that, but it seems if you run a downloaded app it gets sandboxed by default whether you like it or not! I couldn't find any details on whether this should be happening, maybe it's a bug in MacOS, I don't know.

I'll keep investigating if there is a way to bring back Android export on Mac

pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2020 03:23
Quote: "I'll keep investigating if there is a way to bring back Android export on Mac
"

With each new release of MacOS, Apple makes it more and more difficult to distribute apps. I swear they are trying to kill small developers
kamelito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2020 11:20
@parry
I can find info for Tier 2 for AppGameKit but not for AppGameKit Studio, where is the info about it located?
Thanks
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "With each new release of MacOS, Apple makes it more and more difficult to distribute apps. I swear they are trying to kill small developers"

They started down that path years ago when they stopped highlighting all new releases, instead showing those already with millions of players in their "New and Noteworthy" section. Google has done similar (including on YouTube by first phasing out those with under 100 subs then under 1000 to even monetize their content)...
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot!
most important lack I can see is the posibillty of having the complete lists of functions at the right, like happens in AppGameKit Classic.
thanks again
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2020 20:43
I noticed with joy that it now supports long lines of code broken in multiple lines as long that the statement is broken down by comma. BUT ONLY where the comma exists as part of the statement. You cannot place a comma anywhere.
For example the line : function WarShip(Starting_Count as integer, Sprite_number as integer, Sprite_speed as integer, Sprite_Image as integer, Follow_Me as integer, Time_Delay as integer, Enemy_State as integer)
can be entered as:
function WarShip(Starting_Count as integer, Sprite_number as integer,
Sprite_speed as integer, Sprite_Image as integer,
Follow_Me as integer, Time_Delay as integer, Enemy_State as integer)

This was an enhancement which was asked by several of us in the past. It doesn't seem to be listed as part of the update enhancements, unless I missed it, which is not anything new.
OK, go ahead and tell me I missed it, or was always available and I missed for the whole term of time.
Cheers!
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 00:48
I know breaking lines using comma was possible in the previous version. It may have been there for a while.
zivan
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Having A plobleem when running program on mac i get only black screen
I have try #renderer "Basic"
rendereer "basic" works but only half of the screen like on the picture

#renderer "Advanced" // This will choose Vulkan NOT WORKING
#renderer "Prefer Best" // NOT WORKING

Mac os Catalina and the last version of appgamekit studio
thanks for help

[/code]
SetVirtualResolution(1024,768)
LoadImage(2,"backdrop.jpeg")
CreateSprite(2,2)
LoadImage(1,"pac.png")
CreateSprite(1,1)
SetJoystickScreenPosition(1,512,380)
sx=512
sy=380
#renderer "Basic"
do
SetSpritePosition(1,sx,sy)
sx=sx+GetJoystickX()*8
sy=sy+GetJoystickY()*8
print("position x " + str(sx) + ("position y ") + str(sy))
sync()
loop

[code lang=agk]

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 03:04
Breaking lines for functions and function calls has always been there i think. breaking lines for conditions, computations and everything else is not allowed
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 15:06
It seems to work on "statement" lines as well:
for example:
this compiles without errors:
drawline(px[i],30+py[i]+k,px[i+1],
30+py[i+1]+k,w,w)

so is this:
drawellipse(455-x#/3,135,
10,10,w,w,1)

Whether it was there before and I missed it, doesn't matter. I am that I discovered it!
Cheers!
BTW the above is not my code. It came from whatever I had open at the time.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 18:25
Quote: "when running program on mac i get only black screen"

Can you try the attached version, you can either run it directly and then broadcast to it, or place it in the Interpreter folder replacing the Mac.app file already there, then run from the IDE.

Quote: "I can find info for Tier 2 for AppGameKit but not for AppGameKit Studio"

The instructions should apply fairly equally to both Classic and Studio, but we could probably do with making sure they are all up to date
zivan
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Can you try the attached version, you can either run it directly and then broadcast to it, or place it in the Interpreter folder replacing the Mac.app file already there, then run from the IDE."

Sorry I Don't See the attached version.

Thanks
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 20:06
Ah, forgot to click the upload button, should be there now

Attachments

zivan
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes That's Working Have full screen Now
but still, have to put #renderer "Basic" into the program but no problem for that.
"Prefer Best", "Advanced", " are not working. but that's my computer i think
And if i put #renderer "None" i have to reinstall the Mac.app file you give me on the interpreter

Thanks, Paul
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 12:09
The Linux version is missing the AppGameKit library files for Tier 2. Using the steam version. Folder tier2/platform/linux/lib/release64 & release 32 are empty.

Counterparry
DarkDIRE RPG a roguelike game build with AppGameKit Tier 2
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 14:19
When using "Prefer Best" it should gracefully fall back to OpenGL if Vulkan isn't supported. If you are getting an error (or nothing) instead can you try opening a terminal window, browsing to the location of the new player and running ./AppGameKit\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/AppGameKit\ Player which should list any error messages in the terminal window.
RGBZ
Years of Service
User Offline
This update does not work for me at all on my mac and I did download the "b" version. If I load one of the sample projects and click run it just says it has been sand boxed.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 16:26
Quote: "The Linux version is missing the AppGameKit library files for Tier 2"

It should be there now

Quote: "it just says it has been sand boxed"

If you move the AppGameKitStudio.app and Interpreter folder into the Applications folder does it work?
RGBZ
Years of Service
User Offline
I have it all in the applications folder and it says it is sandboxed.
patmaba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2020 18:27
Hi,

Since your last AppGameKit Studio Version 2020.03.27, it is impossible to export a signed apk with my keystore.
Each time I get the following message during the apk export in a windows dialog box.

zipaligne.exe system error.
Could not find the libwinpthread-1.dll library.

patmaba
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2020 08:39
Has anyone seen this error when trying to compile/run a project in the latest Studio or an older version before?

Compiling /Users/kevincross/Digicode Labs/ChastiKey/main.agc
Err: The file “media” doesn’t exist.
Running /Users/kevincross/Digicode Labs/ChastiKey/ChastiKey.app/Contents/MacOS/AppGameKit Player
Compilation finished successfully.

Because of that media error it's not opening the player on the computer and therefore not running the project.

I can broadcast to the device. I just can't run it on my laptop.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2020 11:48
This one may not be a big issue but it has a bug that existed in an older version of Classic. When you broadcast an app several times you start to see error messages in Studio saying that the max number of in app purchases has been reached. For example if an app has 7 in-apps you will see the message by the 5th time you've broadcasted. Studio is retaining in-apps each time the app starts instead of resetting/clearing them, and therefore adding 7 in-apps to the list each time it runs.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
AFA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2020 08:42 Edited at: 10th Apr 2020 16:19
Quote: "Because of that media error it's not opening the player on the computer and therefore not running the project.

I can broadcast to the device. I just can't run it on my laptop."

@Kevin Cross
Many thanks for the hint with the broadcasting!
That way I knew that it was not a mistake in my code.

Adding a sync() before loading the images and it runs on the PC too, I hope this helps - also to find the cause.

I found this out by accident because the debugger didn't help me here and I helped myself with print()/sync()/sleep().
AFA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2020 16:11 Edited at: 10th Apr 2020 16:21
Hello,
I'm afraid I have another problem.

To show this I have added a small example which shows a flickering when fading and only with vulcan.
Please try the example. I would be interested if it does not work for you either.

By the way, the command GetSpritePlaying does not work for me, am I doing something wrong?

Every help is very much appreciated.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2020 15:47
I've uploaded a new version for Mac (2020.03.27c) that should fix the sandbox issue, and restore Android export by downloading the Android export files separately. The download will begin when you open the Android Export dialog for the first time.

Quote: "I have added a small example which shows a flickering when fading and only with vulcan"

I'm not able to replicate the problem. Do you only see it on a particular platform, and are you able to try it on multiple devices?
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2020 19:38 Edited at: 14th Apr 2020 19:44
Quote: "I've uploaded a new version for Mac (2020.03.27c)"

Paul,
Much appreciate the new update, but with all due respect, it still does not include the 1024x1024 Appicon in the payload.
I have been comiling .IPA's with the new Studio, the old Studio and the Classic..... none of them include the 1024x1024 appicon, which leads to immediate rejection by apple.
I can provide you with anything you want to help debug.
Thanks,
James

Quote: "Dear Developer,
We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Case Closed" 0.1 (200414). Please correct the following issues, then upload again.
ITMS-90704: Missing App Icon - An app icon measuring 1024 by 1024 pixels in PNG format must be included in the Asset Catalog of apps built for iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS. Without this icon, apps cannot be submitted for review. For details, see https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/icons-and-images/app-icon/.
Best regards,
The App Store Team"

Attachments

pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2020 22:03
Quote: "I've uploaded a new version for Mac (2020.03.27c) that should fix the sandbox issue, and restore Android export by downloading the Android export files separately. The download will begin when you open the Android Export dialog for the first time.
"

Excellent!

I tested it on a small project and so far, so good.

Thanks!

Phil
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 14:54
Quote: "it still does not include the 1024x1024 Appicon in the payload"

The 1024x1024 icon is included in the Assets.car file. We've not seen this error with any of our submitted apps so I'm not sure why you are seeing this
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 02:46
Quote: "The 1024x1024 icon is included in the Assets.car file. We've not seen this error with any of our submitted apps so I'm not sure why you are seeing this"

The asset.car file in the file is only 70k, while my appicon is 490K. So for sure it isn't in there.
Even when I had a smaller image (270K) it wasn't in there.

How can we trouble shoot further?
Thanks for all your help, as always.
James
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 13:21
The default asset.car file is 70K which suggests the image icon supplied in the export dialog was not used for some reason. I would have expected any failure to convert he image file into an icon would have produced an error in the export dialog. Do you have XCode 11 installed, and has it been opened so that it can install the additional components?
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 22:47
Quote: "The default asset.car file is 70K which suggests the image icon supplied in the export dialog was not used for some reason. I would have expected any failure to convert he image file into an icon would have produced an error in the export dialog. Do you have XCode 11 installed, and has it been opened so that it can install the additional components?"

Xcode was installed, but had issues. Updating it didn't work.
My MAC is old and was only used for compiling games.
XCode 11 is not compatible with my MAC.

I'm sad....
So that might be the problem then?
very very sad...

Thanks,
James
AFA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2020 13:38
Quote: "

Quote: "I have added a small example which shows a flickering when fading and only with vulcan"

I'm not able to replicate the problem. Do you only see it on a particular platform, and are you able to try it on multiple devices?

"

@ Paul
Thank you very much for testing.
The fact that you don't have the problem with you made me think about looking for my graphics card driver.
And that's it, with the current driver everything works perfectly now!
I was too sure that it was the vulcan-update, my mistake, I'm really sorry that I wasted your time.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2020 14:40 Edited at: 17th Apr 2020 15:11
Quote: "XCode 11 is not compatible with my MAC. "

I think it should still work with XCode 10, but I've not tried it. Does you get the same problem if you use a different icon image?

There is one thing you can try. I've attached a folder that contains the default icon files and a script called run.sh that will do the same icon processing as the IDE. If you open a terminal window and browse to the IconTest folder, then run the following command
./run.sh
It should go through the process. It will output some information to the terminal window and put the icon files in the Output folder. Let me know what the terminal text says after it's done, and whether the Assets.car file was created in the Output folder.

You can also try the attached icon that has been confirmed to work for us.

Quote: "with the current driver everything works perfectly now! "

Glad to hear you got it fixed

Attachments

Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2020 22:57
Quote: "It should go through the process. It will output some information to the terminal window and put the icon files in the Output folder. Let me know what the terminal text says after it's done, and whether the Assets.car file was created in the Output folder."

actool no such file or directory.

I'm exploring different option now of installing catalina on the mac, even though apple says it is not compatible.
Someone sells a USB stick version that he says will install on unsupported mac's

Keep moving forward.
Thanks for the file and suggestions, as allways.
James

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 14:18:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 14:18:56