Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] AGK Studio Save/Dont' Save?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 14:53
First of, I have asked the same question in the "Newcomers" forum as well, but have not gotten a response. Perhaps I am a bit impatient?
So, I am posting here again. Is it forum legal to post the same question in two different forums? If not, I am sure I will hear about it.
Question:

What am I missing here?
I noticed (with a bit of frustration) that when you make a code change and compile or run the project (for testing or for a new "look", the main.agc in this case, gets updated without warning. Therefore unless I make a copy of the file before I start making code changes, I am doomed. I find it difficult making changes and not having control at which point the IDE wants to make a "save".
Is this part of the Studio documentation which I missed somehow? If not, is it intentionally made this way? Anyone else has the same complaint/observation ?
Guidance, clarification? Will be much appreciated!

Cheers!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 21:15
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
In Agk Studio I initially notice after change something in scene view its not change when run even after save its not save and show the previous run . it was frustrating . but after using some days I notice after I change anything in scene view if i just change the bg image position and then "ctr + z " then all save and working well .
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 21:04
Looks like I will to change the way I do things. It's OK, as long as I know there is no other way. Thanks for the response!
Cheers!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 22:03
DannyD created a Create/Start project management system
I bet if you asked him he could monitor the dates on your files so you could roll back if you wanted
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks blinkOk for the mention...

Yes, willing to change whatever we can do to make it better and more usefull.

It actually cross my mind, to add n flag for creating a Backup copy of the last APP before running in the editor.
Just havnt had time o get it going.

I actually have a slight issue, with the latest verson. Dunno if it's windows 10 bugging around with the shellexecute I'm using or The latest AGKS.
But it don't open the AppGameKit project anymore in the IDE when selecting from the Menu.
It might also be my updated Software development environment....

Have to look into it and see what's going on

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:19:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 05:19:08