Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Some way to make a game like Splatoon in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, im trying make a ganm liek splatoon in fpsc, and i want to know some way to make guns that shoot ink or some effect to similate it
thnaks
Homegamesindie
Years of Service
User Offline
oh i forgot, how use the altexture when te npc is dead, for simulate that was splatted of ink
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2020 13:29 Edited at: 11th Apr 2020 13:45
Homesgames If I understand correctly you want a weapon that leaves "ink" like scorch marks ?
It's not that hard to do, first grab the gunspec Syntax list from this thread... https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/180924?page=2#msg2310319
You will need to make your own custom scorchtype =x for your weapon. You will also need to change the "bullethole" decal in the gamecore\bulletholes folder
to reflect your new "scorch" decal.
I made something similar with a spray paint type of weapon.... https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220746

For a character to use alternate texture you need to change the .fpe file to reflect the alternate texture path, then use the command alttexture=1
in the characters script when needed. In the .fpe file the command to use is " texturealtd = NAME/ Or Path To Your Alt. texture"
Also, in the characters property settings the "alttexture=x" make sure it's set correctly.
Testing here is the key to make sure it works properly
** WHERE'S MY DARN YELLOW BUTTON ? **
Homegamesindie
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako thenks, but the alt texture will be show when de npc is dead?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2020 12:07
Homegames
Quote: " show when de npc is dead "

Yes, if you place the command for alttexture=1 in the destroy/die script, then it will show when he dies.
** WHERE'S MY DARN YELLOW BUTTON ? **

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:51:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:51:59