Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Build Game Level problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys. I have a problem and I would like your help. I'm creating a survival horror game and the situation is as follows:

I created a level and when building it (Test Game), it got a memory of 1632 mb. Then, I built a new level on top of it (In the game, the character will have to return to the place), only smaller, and when building it (Test Game), he gave 1765 mb. Why is that? and what can i do to fix this without having to build the level from the beginning?

I use the FPSC 1.20 + Black Ice Mod V 12.

I appreciate the help!
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Apr 2020 21:23 Edited at: 18th Apr 2020 21:23
try using fps creator cleaner, it will make the memory of the levels smaller
it's inside your fpsc folder
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
@ScooT9
I've tried, however without success
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
@ScooT9, I rebuilt the levels. My game has a total of 35 small levels. I can't attach it to decrease the amount of levels as it exceeds 1.85 Gb of memory.

The question is when I build the game and I will play it, it always says at level 7 that "The FPSC-game has stopped working". I'm about to go crazy with this, even thinking about abandoning FPS Creator due to these errors. The funny thing is that when I load the game again, level 7 does not give an error, however the front levels make it give the same error. Emphasizing that all my levels give less than 1600 MB of virtual memory.

I've already passed the FPSC-Cleaner, updated the Framework, Visual C ++, but it still persists. What can it be?

COMPUTER SETTINGS:

-Windows 10 operating system
- Intel Celeron 3250U 1.50 gHz processor
- Intel HD Graphics Video Card.
- FPSC V 1.20
- Black Ice Mod V. 12

Help me. I don't want to abandon this wonderful engine ...

PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEEEE
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Apr 2020 21:37
Just a thought... have you tried running it in Windows XP ,SP 2 compatibility mode, or the lowest mode available?
I ask because of the low specs of your system.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 20th Apr 2020 22:16
Dx9c ?
** WHERE'S MY DARN YELLOW BUTTON ? **
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Go into your setup.ini and change this :- dividetexturesize=0 to dividetexturesize=2 and see if that helps.

I noticed your machine is below the min spec to run BIM and this could be another reason for your issues.

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
@xplosys,
I switched to compatibility mode, but it didn't work. The game doesn't even run

@ncmako,
I use Directx 12, standard of windows 10;

@S4real,
My computer is not powerful. I change the "dividetexturesize" to 2, and the problem persist. Oh I forgot to say that it has 4 GB of RAM too. But, I uninstalled Black Ice Mod a while ago and went back to FPSC 1.19, only it continued with the same error. It is interesting that when loading the levels again, they work, however it stops working in the following levels. Especially at my level 7 this always happens. I already checked the entire level and everything is OK. I changed the memorycapoff to 0, but nothing worked!
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
Funny thing is that some levels, no matter how small, when I build a new level, using one already made as a base, even if you decrease the size of that level, his virtual memory does increase. It is as if the items you deleted from your level are still there. Kind of like a memory leak. Why is that?
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 22nd Apr 2020 21:57
@ Leopmota Dx12 with win10 is missing a ton of files needed for Dx9c apps & games.
I would run the installer just to be sure or not?
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
@ncmako
I ran the DX9c, however it remains unsuccessful. My levels are small, however they are giving more than 1600 mb of virtual memory. That must be why you're making an error. I run FPSC-Cleaner, but it remains the same. It is like I mentioned above, when we exclude some entity from the level, it is as if the entity were still there, because the virtual memory does not decrease, it only increases ...
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 24th Apr 2020 11:55
As S4real stated "dividetexturesize=2" , I wonder what the rest of your setup.ini is set to? If you can post your setup.ini .
Are you using Reshader? Post processing? It's probably the Celeron chip & integraded graphics, I had a lot of problems also until I upgraded
to something a little better.
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2020 20:12 Edited at: 27th Apr 2020 20:13
@ncmako
Sure. I will improve my machine in the near future. I chose the Black Ice Mod not so much because of the graphics and lights (of course they are very important), but because it allows you to create a slightly higher level.

Below is my setup.ini:

[GAMERUN]
realgameview=0
dynamiclighting=1
dynamicshadows=0
useeffects=0
useeffectsonguns=0
useeffectsonscene=0
useeffectsonentities=0
useeffectsonessentials=0
dividetexturesize=2
vrmode=0
vrmodemag=100
mousesensitivity=100
producelogfiles=0
optimizemode=1
hsrmode=2
aspectratio=1
newblossershaders=1
postprocessing=1
showaioutlines=0

[GAMEMULTIPLAYER]
multiplayergame=0
gameobjectivetype=0
gameobjectivevalue=0
oneshotkills=0
maxplayers=0
spawnrandom=0

[GAMEMAKE]
lightmapping=1
lightmapold=0
lightmapshadows=0
lightmapambientr=0
lightmapambientg=0
lightmapambientb=0
lightmapsunx=0
lightmapsuny=-1
lightmapsunz=0
lightmapsunr=0
lightmapsung=0
lightmapsunb=0
lightmapzerorange=100
lightmapatten=16
lightmapmaxsize=-1
lightmapboost=4
lightmaptexsize=512
lightmapquality=5
lightmapblurmode=1
lightmapthreadmax=-1
bloodonfloor=0
imageblockmode=1
shroudsize=10
showalluniquetextures=0
systemmemorycapoff=0
entitytogglingoff=0
extracollisionbuilddisabled=1
alwaysconfirmsave=0
simplifiedcharacterediting=0

[GAMEDEBUG]
exitpromptreport=0
debugreport=0
showentitygameinfo=0
showdebugtextingame=0
debugreportstepthrough=0
usesky=1
usefloor=0
useenvsounds=1
useweapons=1
includeonlyvideo=0
includeonlyname=gamecore
width=1024
height=768
depth=32
aspectratio=0
useuniquelynamedentities=0
loadreport=0

[GAMEPROFILE]
key1 = 17
key2 = 31
key3 = 30
key4 = 32
key5 = 57
key6 = 46
key7 = 13
key8 = 19
key9 = 16
key10 = 18
key11 = 42
global = languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\setuplevel.fpi
levelfpm1 =
levelfpi1 = languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\loadingpage.fpi
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 28th Apr 2020 21:14
Leopmota There's a few things I see you can try changing and see if performance improves?

First I see you have all of your effects turned off? Was that to help with performance?
useeffects=1
useeffectsonguns=1
useeffectsonscene=1
useeffectsonentities=1

useeffectsonessentials=0 I have never seen this before, it's also not in the setup.ini description list?

showalluniquetextures=1 (to show all unique textures, but does impact performance considerably (default is 0)
systemmemorycapoff=1
Try setting both aspectratio=1 and test

You Also still have this.....
width=1024
height=768
This tells me you had an much earlier version installed and did not do a clean install with BIM.
Unless you added it yourself? I could be mistaken, but these settings haven't been used for a long time now.
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2020 22:39 Edited at: 28th Apr 2020 22:54
@ncmako
Yes. I used Black Ice Mod V. 10.8 on windows 7. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 and Black Ice Mod v 12. I will try this configurations...
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
@ncmako
The curious thing is that I'm playing my game, so when I move to the next level, it gives an error, but then when I load the game again, it works. So that at a level further ahead makes the error happen. And again if you load, the level works. This will drive me crazy.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Leopmota n post a link to your game for us to see whats going on ?

you can post it on private message if you don't want anyone else having your game.

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Leopmota
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2020 00:14 Edited at: 2nd May 2020 00:19
@s4real
Right! I will only finish it with some details that are missing and so, that it is 100%, I will send it to you to find out what errors may contain! I really appreciate your cooperation. I am very grateful for that.

@ncmako
I tried everything, man, but the mistakes continue.
Any more suggestions for me to try? I believe it is not just because my pc is weak, because when I test all levels, they work normally and all have virtual memory below 1500 MB.
The errors occur when I build the game and go to play. Then when I level up, the error "FPSC-Game stopped working" appears. And then when I load the game from a save game, the level works, only on the next level it makes an error again.
And a doubt, what is the executable that comes in the FPSC folder called MemDump.exe? What is the use of it and when can I use it? Thankful!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 22:09:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 22:09:16