Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [SOLVED] Black Ice Mod version issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Apr 2020 04:15
For some reason, back when I installed black ice mod v10.8 I was working on a game where the player can block enemy bullets. Now when I upgraded to Black Ice mod v11.9, that feature is gone. it lets me block, but I take damage. that never happened in v10.8. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall FPS creator setting it back up as it was with v10.8. However now the problem is the skybox starts moving all 6 images slowly across the screen. so I wanted to know how can I fix the skybox from doing this. its either I reinstall using BIM v11.9 and loss the blocking feature, or reinstall using BIM v10.8 and have the skybox all messed up. How can I fix the issue?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2020 22:29
Joel Open up your setup.ini and see if there is a skyboxshader setting? If there is see if it's set to=1, change it to 0 (zero) and test again.
Did you installed and reinstalled on top of the old Fpsc ? If so that in itself will cause many problems. Always do a fresh clean install.
Rename your old one and start new.
** WHERE'S MY DARN YELLOW BUTTON ? **
joelguy22
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Apr 2020 13:19
Thanks for the advice. I've looked in the setup.ini and there is no skyboxshader. Even if I add it in the setup, it goes away. I've already reinstalled with a fresh copy twice. The only thing that I carry over is the files folder. I'm going to try reinstalling with a different combination and see if it gives me a better result. Also I've tried Black Ice Mod Beta v8.1 for fun and it somehow gave me the best of both versions. The only issue is it uses a ton of processing memory and I get something called a re-shade error every time I run it.
joelguy22
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Apr 2020 17:41
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Nevermind. I found the issue. Under files>Databank>effects, there is a file called Skybox.fx and all I had to do was remove it. So now I'm using the latest version of Black ice mod v11.9 with using the black ice mod v10.8 lightmapper, game, and mapediter executable files. So far so good. If I find any other issues, I'll be sure to look around the files folder. Also how much longer will Black ice mod be supported? What will happen when the support is up?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:45:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:45:08