Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2020 23:07
is there a way to reset an object's limb rotation? let's say for example you used the ninja model from the examples and you moved the ninja's arm all around using x and y co-ordinates from the mouse, is there any way to return the model's limb rotation to it's original format stance?
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2020 08:48 Edited at: 27th Apr 2020 08:50
if original limb angles are at 0 just use : rotate limb object,limb,0.0,0.0,0.0

if original limbs angles aren't at 0, store them once before applying any rotation and retrieve and apply them at need like:

originallimbanglex#=limb angle x(object,limb)
originallimbangley#=limb angle y(object,limb)
originallimbanglez#=limb angle z(object,limb)

rotate limb object limb,originallimbanglex#,originallimbangley#,originallimbanglez#

hope it helps
edward_hall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2020 17:24
Scorpyo wrote: "hope it helps"

yes I have saved your advice to my code base, I will show you my open source code so far, at this point in time i have a problem of bursting out of a room randomly when moving forwards, i also have a translocating ball to place wounds, this stuff wasn't easy to get, it's got old stuff to it like offsetting from limb 0 to appoint a head on a neck, really intricate stuff?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:43:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:43:56