Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / lag in using AGK-Studio interface and freezing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2020 12:14
There is a mouse selection lag and sometimes frreezing in my AGK-Studio interface and wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

I have logged this observation on github ( #664 ) and I am posting this on here to see if anyone has any ideas of how to get back on track ( as it will take time for TGC to sort it out if it is an actual problem ) with developing as it is holding me up.

Here are the details that I posted on github . . .

Cursor lag in selecting AGK-Studio tabs, selecting text, copying and pasting and soemtimes freezes or just about slows right down so I can't double click on any of the tabs. Then I have to close and reload AGK-Studio.

All the above can happen right after booting up my computer and before running any AppGameKit programs. The problems seam to go away when I start a new project or try it on a smaller project. Although I need to do more tests, depending on my dev time available.

I have a fairly large scale project. Although in my mind this is a medium size project with larger ones to come. The Approx size of the AppGameKit folder is 9MB and I have 6GB RAM on my computer so I wouldn't have though this was a problem.

I have done a full scan on my computer and optimised the memory and disk space all with Norton utilities.

Other Application work OK.

Let me know if there is any technical info that I can give you or areas to check out etc. as this is holding up my Indie Dev business.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Thanks
David
Amazing creations start with a Fuzzy Vision
Dave - Creator, Developer and Visionary
Fuzzy Visions
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2020 12:32
The AppGameKit Studio Editor (as best as I can tell) is using OpenGL Acceleration for handling the UI... with some "odd" approaches to acceleration.
A good idea on 'weaker' systems is to disable Event-Based Rendering, and switch to an uncapped Framerate within the options.
I've found this tends to resolve most latency based issues when using it.
Creative Magic Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2020 18:05
Reverted back to using AppGameKit Classic and everything is OK. no lag whatsoever and I actually prefer the classic interface as I can jump ( more quickly ) to variables and types etc. and it highlights the sets of brackets etc.
It ( in my view ) is just a better coding environement.

When I switched to classic I didn't shut my computer down or delete anything. Just updated the Classic version, closed down the Studio version and I had no problems.
This shows that it wasn't my computer, such as memory, processor, heating or disk space etc. as I didn't change anything and it worked. So it must be the AGK-Studio version!
Amazing creations start with a Fuzzy Vision
Dave - Creator, Developer and Visionary
Fuzzy Visions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:37:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:37:48