Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / non-AR app rejected for not using AR?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just got an app rejection using the latest (2020.04.16) version of AppGameKit Studio.
Specific message is:
"Guideline 4.2.1 - Design - Minimum Functionality
We noticed that the usefulness of your augmented reality app is limited by the minimal features or content it includes.
Next Steps
Apps using ARKit should provide rich and integrated augmented reality experiences. We encourage you to review your app concept and incorporate more robust AR features and functionality. Note that merely dropping a model into an AR view or replaying animation is not enough."

Which makes sense, since my app isn't an AR app. I don't remember selecting any checkboxes during the export process or App Store content creation process that would make them think it was AR. I know ARKit functionality is available in AGK. Is its mere presence in the player enough to flag it? Did I check a box or not check a box somewhere? Is it a bug on Apple's end or AGK's? Any help would be appreciated

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:37:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:37:26